Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt VY/VZ Removal Tool

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
bah...yank this yank that....LOL but yeah, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.

C

Cross One Tonner

to remove my head unit i just used some 8 guage wire (bronzing rod thinckness)

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Hey Guys.

I posted about this a little while ago, and now I introduce my new and improved version!! ;)

I used thicker wire than the normal coat hangers. This stuff is almost 3mm thick.

After bending and trimming, I filed a little notch into each of the "prongs". I included a couple of pics of the head unit IN the cradle (but removed from the dash) which shows a little clearer what we're dealing with. The spring clips which lock the unit into the cradle have a little "tang" pressed into them, and the notches in the prongs engage firmly on this tang, which means when you pull back it pulls the unit out, and not just the wires! You don't even have to lever outwards before you pull back, the fact that the wire is thicker pushes the springs far enough in to disengage them from the slots in the cradle. (just have a look at the pics - they tell the story better than I can)

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

Cheerz!
*thread revival*

great post, i removed my radio in seconds by following the above post (used a 2.5mm dia. coathanger)

j00e

Happy wife , happy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 06
window winders

so are there any home made tools to get the back windows winders off the back doors to take the door trims off??

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Does anyone know where I can buy one (or 2 ) of these Blaupunkt "U" Hook removal tools for the VY/VZ stereo's?

The reason is because Ive brought a 6 stacker to replace the single disc, but I would like to be able to switch the stereos at my convenience (well more like when the car needs to go back to Holden to have a faulty antenna replaced under warranty)

I know the first thing that'll be said is that Holden wont grant the replacement because we've put an "aftermarket" unit in that wasnt purchased though or installed by Holden

At least if I'm able to pull the 6 stacker out and put the single stack in when the car needs to go in I'll be worry free.

Any help or ideas ;)

ebay. just got one last week.

ordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I tried the hooks etc with the wire above to no avail (about 40 minutes or so)

Then i found another way, basically had to insert a device in the cd opening and tap it a little with another then pull.

The inserted device was a metal bar for removing nails and the other was a hammer. Ripped the bitch out fine. Didnt need to keep it anyway.

Never want to see a device like that again....

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Dam... So you have ruined the unit??

How sad as there is normally plenty of people that would've purchased it!!

There are technique's for stubborn units and it would've only been other 10sec on top the 5secs it take to get it out :(

DylanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6 ute
i just pulled mine out in about 5 seconds so easy!

now going to put my Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD in :)

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
After several trys lots and lots of swearing and hitting stuff all it took was a thicker coat hanger came out on the 1st go. So people learn from my lesson and USE A THICK COAT HANGER THE 1ST TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
haha .. yeh screw the coat hangers i used a piece of fencing wire, about the size of the holes, it probably didnt exactly take me 5 seconds as some, but still 20 seconds is pretty quick in my books :p