Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boss audio gear

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
2 pairs of 6x9's???? Why on earth would you want that. How about 2 pairs of 6inch coaxials, or one pair of coax and a pair of splits??

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hmm how about a jaycar response 800W mono? AA0428 i think is the model number.
head unit, go for a cheaper alpine, pioneer, eclipse, theres heaps of em out there. Some kind of budget would be good so people can best reccomend stuff for you

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Go the Jaycar!! :D

(for a very brief period of time Jaycar were selling the Venom subs - they soon dropped them though!! The ReSponse Jaycar subs are great - about the best bang-for-buck around. There's better stuff out there, but three times the price....)

Heh - like your interpretation of what Boss stands for too UCWEPN. :rofl:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
heh I remember the venoms....a 15" sub for $99...makes me wanna puke.

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
i have a budget of up to $1000. can u recommend some brands and what i should get has to have a sub or 2 though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
vbcommowner if you only have $1000 as budget you should have a look on e-bay. but make sure when buyer product that they are well know brand (for the right reasons).

1tuffvn

hey guys.....im a car audio fitter and i do custom jobs...trust me dont use boss equipment...its a lot of ****...its so overrated...they say all this 1000w bullshit on the box...rubbish!!!! it aint got crap....look at my thrad and u c the system i dont in my car...all pioneer..subs are bloupunkt velocity and 3000w sound storm mono block..speakers run off the 800w amp...all stinger wireing..pinoneer dvd player.....all boss maked is the bodgy ampz...i personally wouldnt trut them...up to u guys....take care all..

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
For $1000 you can get a fairly decent setup.

You could go with a Pioneer head for about $300, use the stock speakers and get a decent sub amp for $300-$400 and a not too shabby woofer for $200-$300. Pre-built box for $80 or build one yourself from about $20 worth of MDF and $40 worth of hardware and carpet. A wiring kit will set you back about 50 bucks and includes all neccessary hardware.

I don't want to say JB Hifi are the best place to get this stuff, but they got me everything I needed and they will always give you a good price.

Just don't get them to install it. :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Just in defense of BOSS, ive had a boss amp in teh boot for 4 years now, its had copius amounts of dust and water through it and still pumps away very nicely. never had any problems, have been complimented on the system many times.
I cant say much about their other components since i have not used them and it would be rude to comment on something i had not personally tried!