Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building Holden VE Commodore

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Quality wise, VE shits on VF....
Geez, that would be a worry.
Sad that the next iteration was of poorer quality in some areas than the one preceding it :confused:

It's almost funny that after factory closure was announced people thought that quality could only get better :(

I thought quality would be maintained but didn't expect the cost cutting to hit in such trivial and annoying ways :confused:
I absolutely hate the VFII's stupid single tone horn as it sounds like a pissy Barina :p:p:mad:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
It's almost funny that after factory closure was announced people thought that quality could only get better :(
Tell you what if I was told I was losing my job I'd be half assing the rest of my days.

I'd definately have not wanted one built in the last 6 months or so of manufacturing, people would have given zero shits about their quality of work....whats the worst that was gonna happen, they were out the door anyway.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I enjoyed the video though can't help but feel a little sad at the lost Australian manufacturing capabilities that our misguided ideological government let slip away :mad:

Meanwhile, everywhere else around the world, governments subsidise vehicle manufacture yet our dumb knuckle leaders decided to throw the baby out with the bath water. Interestingly, other countries have gained new vehicle manufacturing with the aid of heavy government subsidies. Go figure...
Wife and I pay a fair chunk of tax between us. If it meant losing Holden to save my taxes from propping up GM then good. If Holden was a solely Australian Co, and not under GM, then sure do what you need with my taxes. The Millions that were given helped GM, and for what, GM to keep milking the tax payers purse?? No thanks.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Mate besides all of the other problems with them, they aren't even water tight. If this is the result of chucking a billion dollars at them, then they need rootin.
They aren't water tight, but even the other generations aren't either... It honestly depends where you live and how much rain you get...

Otherwise, the VE/VF generation was benchmarked against the likes of the E39 5 Series which is renowned for its handling...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wife and I pay a fair chunk of tax between us. If it meant losing Holden to save my taxes from propping up GM then good. If Holden was a solely Australian Co, and not under GM, then sure do what you need with my taxes. The Millions that were given helped GM, and for what, GM to keep milking the tax payers purse?? No thanks.
For all intents and purposes, Holden has left the building.
Has your tax bill gone down because of their departure?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
For all intents and purposes, Holden has left the building.
Has your tax bill gone down because of their departure?
Nope, but at least it's no longer being given to the CEO of GM for his yearly bonuses.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Nope, but at least it's no longer being given to the CEO of GM for his yearly bonuses.

No, it has been going to Gerry Harvey and his mates for their back pockets