Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais 6ltr fuel

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
It does use more fuel. The best I get is about 8l/100k on the highway. I average about 16 around town. My tuner says it's up about 10kw. I get it from United Ourimbah on NSW central coast.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
yea pirate was getting around 6L/100 on ethanol so i wouldnt complain with that as u would be lucky to get a 6L engine on petrol down to that level even tuned
6L/100 as well as really good horsepower numbers very impressive

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I filled up this morning. United E85 $1.42 compared to $1.47 for E10. 105 octane too! More power, less emissions, made in Oz from renewable resources! Suitable for L77 as they have a flex-fuel sensor.
There might be an even greater gap in future with recent attacks on oil rigs in the middle east.
I'm halfway through a full tank of United e85 at that price too.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
run cooler with boost is one reason. pirate has his compression significantly raised with engine work and hence needed ethanol which ran much more economically coupled with VVT and AFM/DOD. A big key is price at the pump compared to petty.
And on a tuned n/a car you get 100% of the benefits of e85 with only ~1/3 of a tank mixed with say 91. Good consumption, ~price parity with 91, good knock resistance and good power. All for much less than the cost of 98. Win-win.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
How much in Sydney ?
Fuel check app in NSW shows fuel prices nearby to the only E85 bowser I know of at the Northern Beaches, which is at Dee Why:
E91 147.7/l
E10 145.7/l
vs E85 139.9/l

Not enough difference to make up for the increased usage. And no better power unless specific tune for it.
Would have to do heavy engine mods, same as Monstar/Pirate.
BTW - does Myaree United in Perth still sell 100 Octane fuel? I think they stopped in the last couple of years.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So E85 is significantly cheaper over there.....I view 50c p/l as significant.

But yes, not much different to the other fuels so would still cost more to run.

BTW - does Myaree United in Perth still sell 100 Octane fuel?

No idea.....a long way from my neck of the woods. Doesn't show up on fuel watch though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Fuel check app in NSW shows fuel prices nearby to the only E85 bowser I know of at the Northern Beaches, which is at Dee Why:
E91 147.7/l
E10 145.7/l
vs E85 139.9/l
Hmmm … "made me look" … :) … so the servo with E85 that's closest to me is at Rydalmere, it's United and it's the same 139.9 for E85.
However ULP98 is what I'd usually buy, and that's 171.9 right now.
E85 is more stable in price because it's less prone to international ructions & arguments between Americans & the third world, innit?
I'd give the E85 a go, for a couple of tanks, if that price difference stayed the same … I'm finding myself visiting Bunnings moderately regularly on the weekend with Spring related garden activities occurring (small hardware shop near home closed down :( ), and could fill-up on the way home from Bunnings ...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hmmm … "made me look" … :) … so the servo with E85 that's closest to me is at Rydalmere, it's United and it's the same 139.9 for E85.
However ULP98 is what I'd usually buy, and that's 171.9 right now.
E85 is more stable in price because it's less prone to international ructions & arguments between Americans & the third world, innit?
I'd give the E85 a go, for a couple of tanks, if that price difference stayed the same … I'm finding myself visiting Bunnings moderately regularly on the weekend with Spring related garden activities occurring (small hardware shop near home closed down :( ), and could fill-up on the way home from Bunnings ...
Back to the thread topic, I forgot to include 95 in comparison at 159.7/l. My favourite flavour, from cost and running experience.
Price may be different in your part of the city.

As for Perth, VS 5.0, looks like the petrol prices are lower than Sydney in general. e.g. PULP 140.9 at Myaree (used to pass through on the way home) and even lower elsewhere, 98 at 144.7 around the city.
No 100 Octane anymore in Perth and I see the prices for E85 are much higher than straight petrol. Must be an exotic fuel over there - no Govt encouragement for sugar producers, perhaps?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No 100 Octane anymore in Perth and I see the prices for E85 are much higher than straight petrol. Must be an exotic fuel over there - no Govt encouragement for sugar producers, perhaps?
I've not looked into the cost of E85 since … probably mid 2016. At the time, in Sydney, E85 was more costly than PULP95 at least, maybe even more costly than PULP98. That's why my comment-question above, about E85 maybe being more stable in price. I think the pricing difference in WA isn't much different to what I was seeing here, back then.