Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais front seats...

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Howdy, i just noticed tonight that the front passenger seat of my Calais is loose.. the cushion lifts up easily and don't appeared anchored anywhere, I tried to tuck it in at the front of the seat but that didn't appear to be right...

Any thoughts? The drivers seat is a little better, but I know with a bit of coercing it could come off easily.

Where/how do these anchor to the metal frame?

Cheers,
Stefan.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Howdy, i just noticed tonight that the front passenger seat of my Calais is loose.. the cushion lifts up easily and don't appeared anchored anywhere, I tried to tuck it in at the front of the seat but that didn't appear to be right...

Any thoughts? The drivers seat is a little better, but I know with a bit of coercing it could come off easily.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Hi Stefan I've actually never heard of this happening before.... The driver and passenger seats are generally secured in those little rails that allow you to adjust the seats back and forth aren't they? maybe a couple of the bolts or little runners that secures it to those rails has come loose? I'd definitely run it by your mechanic next service anyhow... could turn out to be a very simple fix.

My International is the same year model as your Calais so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this myself now.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

Cheers,
Stefan.

There is a fix for the earlier Calais seats. My drivers seat actually did this in my first VF. Crappy design but series two they have seemed to put better clips that hold the leather on the seat.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
There is a fix for the earlier Calais seats. My drivers seat actually did this in my first VF. Crappy design but series two they have seemed to put better clips that hold the leather on the seat.
Thanks for the info, do you recall what they did to fix yours in the Series 1?

Cheers,
Stef.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They used clips to hold the leather back down :(

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Good lord, just clips that hold the entire cushion onto the frame? seems dodgy. I can't believe my car only has 65k on the clock and it's starting to fall apart already, I swore never to buy another holden after my VT.... it's been Jap and Euro since, but decided to give the Calais a go. I hope this isn't the sign of things to come as car ages.

:eek:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Good lord, just clips that hold the entire cushion onto the frame? seems dodgy. I can't believe my car only has 65k on the clock and it's starting to fall apart already, I swore never to buy another holden after my VT.... it's been Jap and Euro since, but decided to give the Calais a go. I hope this isn't the sign of things to come as car ages.

:eek:
Yep - the dealer used clips on my SSV leatherette seat covers.
Was done as a warranty item, after about 25k kms. You may be able to get it done as a service bulletin item, as mine was. Not quite a recall but no hassle here from the dealer - as I have mentioned before, pretty supportive guys really and on the Northern Beaches, so not hard to work out who they are.
I forgot about the trivial seat issue and have enjoyed the car for what it is. V8, responsive handling, braking, feeling of confidence every time I drive it. You know the things I bought the car for, which you dont get at a reasonable price elsewhere.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
How have they lasted since?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
How have they lasted since?
My VF Redline had the metal clips added too. It's not as serious as perhaps it sounds. The skins are secured over the foam, as they are in most , if not all modern cars I'd guess. But, it's not part of what secures the foam to the frame. If your seat foam is moving around, I'd suggest you have a different issue.

Stefan Nowak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Calais V Sportwagon
Yes the whole foam seat and cover are unattached.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 501