Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam VS supercharger

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
with a blower the exhaust dosnt have to be huge the blower just forces the air out its not like a turbo that needs exhaust flow to work, alot of hsv guys keep the factory headers and just go 2.5 or 3" and still make good numbers, with a blower its good to pin the balancer also, i went blower/cam and love the full boost at any rpm the torque is nuts...

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Yeah at the moment I'm heading blower or cam.
For a decent turbo it looks like more $$ and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
you will have to change the vcm intake to suit a blower as well the blower ones sit higher

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
you will have to change the vcm intake to suit a blower as well the blower ones sit higher

Yeah I knew that one, that's not too hard. Just don't want to have to change the exhaust system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
with a blower the exhaust dosnt have to be huge the blower just forces the air out its not like a turbo that needs exhaust flow to work, alot of hsv guys keep the factory headers and just go 2.5 or 3" and still make good numbers, with a blower its good to pin the balancer also, i went blower/cam and love the full boost at any rpm the torque is nuts...

Motor will be running choked as a mofo. You need a sufficient amount of air going out to cope with the increased air going in...

Turbo doesn't need exhaust flow to work it requires heat and the expansion of exhaust gases in the housing to work. Post turbo you want as little restriction as possible obviously.

For either of these fi systems and even a cam your current exhaust wil work "ok", but for best results you will need to upgrade exhaust system.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Wow going FI on these motors is a headcase!!

Not really. As long as you understand the supporting mods required for specific outputs its easy.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Motor will be running choked as a mofo. You need a sufficient amount of air going out to cope with the increased air going in...

Turbo doesn't need exhaust flow to work it requires heat and the expansion of exhaust gases in the housing to work. Post turbo you want as little restriction as possible obviously.

For either of these fi systems and even a cam your current exhaust wil work "ok", but for best results you will need to upgrade exhaust system.

Well the like who did my exhaust did that size for a daily cam too, which he thinks would put out just under 300rwkw.
But suggested a charger over a cam if money allowed it.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
I love cam upgrades for Ve's cheap HP.

But you have to allow for clutch in manual or a stall converter in a auto. Standard fuel system is up to it with a cam. Also if a AFM motor you would want to get the delete kit fitted which costs more.

Even if you go turbo/blower you want good valve springs so you need to spend some $$$$ there. Don't skimp on the fuel system ASE double fuel pump and injector upgrade(some blower kits come with injectors

It all adds up
Plenty of cammed supercharged series 2 6.0L out and about running stock fuel systems. Including injectiors.
What makes you think you need to upgrade?
Springs are going to cost what $450?
Clutch/stall will have to be done but that comes with 600 rwhp.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Plenty of cammed supercharged series 2 6.0L out and about running stock fuel systems. Including injectiors..
They must be running #### all boost and running lean cuz the injectors will be at max duty cycle. An ls3 macs the duty cycle on its injectors at 450rwhp.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Plenty of cammed supercharged series 2 6.0L out and about running stock fuel systems. Including injectiors.
What makes you think you need to upgrade?

Please list some of these stock fuel system 600hp cars?
Struggling to believe such a thing considering I maxxed out a - 6 fuel line at just under 550rwhp at just under 70psi