Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can i run my ve v6 without 02 sensors

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
ive just got some new headers and cats, and waiting on 02 extensions. i need to move my car out the garage and onto the grass, is it okay to turn the car on and move it, the car will be running for about 30 sec. just dont want the ecu to go into limp mode. right now the 02 sensors are plugged in but sitting in the engine bay. i was thinking about unplugging them so the ecu recognizes that there unplugged and wont go into limp mode.
any help would be appreciated, cheers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
unplugged will prob put in limp mode, if u can run it for 30 sec will be fine as it wont be using them yet, just dont go long enough for them to operate as it will dump fuel in there thinking its lean as not being in exhaust

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Agreed.
Leave them plugged in and move it quickly (sensibly).
The ECU won't like them unplugged and would assume a wiring fault.
But plugged in they will just be reading the wrong air and ECU won't even be looking at them until halfway through the warmup cycle.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The answer is yes if you modify it to do so. That can be unplugged and is business as usual, nope.

The sensor is not just for emissions but is part of the ECU program. Imagine that you are running an equation, and you decide to remove a variable for kicks and grins.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Cheers for your answers guys. I’ll leave them plugged in and move it out quickly

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can't you just push it?

Reactions: Lex

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Thats what l was thinking when he first asked the question. Maybe he's only a little 16 year old?

Maybe he is a little her?
rightio then brotha, i turned it on and moved it its all sweet mate. thanks for your help though lex, really appreciate it mate