Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the Cam?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
My missus hates it. I'll drive her car and notice something I don't like so then when I get home and pull out the laptop to tweak the tune...

For my Senator I'm looking at fitting a WB O2 and ECT sensor in each bank with my logger.
for the build im doing now ill have a WB in each bank and tapped into the obd2 data so i can read it just like a GM PID in hpt and maby in hpt ngauge when laptop isnt in the passenger seat

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
for the build im doing now ill have a WB in each bank and tapped into the obd2 data so i can read it just like a GM PID in hpt and maby in hpt ngauge when laptop isnt in the passenger seat
A lazy $1000 is the only thing between me and the mvpi2 and some credits haha pretty keen to get on the ls tuning

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
A lazy $1000 is the only thing between me and the mvpi2 and some credits haha pretty keen to get on the ls tuning
yea i just upgraded to the mpvi2 got the pro feature plug in now also just encase, if u want a good WB the AEM x-series 30-0334 looks good has obd2 connection or u can use analogue with built in voltage offset feature so its good as it is set and go (cheap also for what it is)

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
sounds like you went too big.
Nah I'm good, the ute is only a part time daily and I live in a regional city where there's not really any gridlock. I'm happy with my choice but I know others that aren't as happy with theirs. My GF refuses to drive the ute though, it can get a bit wild in carparks.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nah I'm good, the ute is only a part time daily and I live in a regional city where there's not really any gridlock. I'm happy with my choice but I know others that aren't as happy with theirs. My GF refuses to drive the ute though, it can get a bit wild in carparks.

Sounds like the perfect cam in that case :D

Check out the PCM Hacking forum, the brains trust have just released a beta version of PCM Hammer (0411) read/write software that is used with tunerpro. No more licenses and credits ;)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Sounds like the perfect cam in that case :D

Check out the PCM Hacking forum, the brains trust have just released a beta version of PCM Hammer (0411) read/write software that is used with tunerpro. No more licenses and credits ;)
i just read the thread, I’m excited now haha. Just need to get my head around it - not all that tech savvy so it’ll take a while lol

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
So has anyone else got a suggestion for a suitable cam for Cuda's car?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
An LS9 factory cam, with a Heartbeat blower.....

this is basically what I did ,cam 224/250 LSA114 Magnuson with OTR. get 400RWKW 850NM , but I guess it all comes down to what your prepared to pay , $15.500 for my set up. Gives you manners with power
Also will you be satisfied that you didn't just go all out . I know if I only gone half cocked I would allways be spewing I didn't go further .

EDIT : I still get around 500 km a tank putting my foot down occasionally

Last edited: