Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrysler's yank tank - what do people think of it?

ssberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE track car, 10 sec VU Ute
If I was going to buy the hemi it would be in the jeep.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
Ok first off I'm a Chrysler fan. Moparphilly if you will and one will end up in the drive way in a few years.

The Statesman is a better car. Better package, build quality, performance etc etc and is what your head would buy. Even though it is a 8 year old car and the 300C is relitively new.

The thing is built in Austria along side the M Class (woeful) Jeep,1 in ten work without failure, Cherokee and pulls to the left and right Voyager. So don't expect it to be built great.

There's no rear air con vents either.

All yours for $60K plus the WA stamp duty of 30% odd and luxury car tax.

Oh and for those that think the old E Class underpinnings are great in the 300C, I know of two under a year old E Classes that go through gearboxes and ECU's at a scary rate.

At least the resale should help me when I go shopping for it.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
If it's a "Yank Tank" then keep it out of Australia. I haven't seen or heard of it up until now, but there's already too many damn huge vehicles on the road driven by idiots and the less that come in future, the better.

What ever happened to the good ol' Aussie sedans? I'd even choose a FORD over a 4WD for the sake of making the point and that says a lot for me (my girlfriend would probably not speak to me for a week or longer if I did)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
The only problem that car suffers from is the same problem most American cars suffer from...from the Chrysler Cruiser to the 300C and others over the years recently...in the USA, they are normal cheap family cars, and are compared as such, but because of huge import duties and stupid exchange rates, when they are brought out here they are usually specced up and sold as premium models to expalin the rediculous pricing ($60,000!!!! :unsure: ) , which is why it was flogged by a Monaro.

If they could be sold here for the low thirties as a family car, and not try to appeal to people used to far more car for the money, they would sell in thier thousands. I know I'd personally love a Cruiser, but no way am I paying even what they are worth second hand.

T

throttlehappy

DavidPartay said:
If it's a "Yank Tank" then keep it out of Australia. I haven't seen or heard of it up until now, but there's already too many damn huge vehicles on the road driven by idiots and the less that come in future, the better.

What ever happened to the good ol' Aussie sedans? I'd even choose a FORD over a 4WD for the sake of making the point and that says a lot for me (my girlfriend would probably not speak to me for a week or longer if I did)

its a sedan for f**** sake
and we've still got good old aussie sedans

if you dont like em dont buy one

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It looks nearly the same size as a statesman, theres definately bigger cars around then that.

I like it, I'd actually really like one, dumped on its ass, huge chrome rims and dark dark tinted windows in black.

Wow look how huge this 4wd is.. hahaha
chrysler300coupe.jpg

T

throttlehappy

Wow look how huge this 4wd is.. hahaha
chrysler300coupe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol i love it! :w00t:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It's got a touch of mustang fast back too it.