Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clicking lock actuators

Zingtech 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
hi guys.
My central locking in my vs Ute works ok except when it open or closes after the movement comes this loud clicking noise from inside the door. The passenger door lock locks from the remote of but won’t reopen with the central locking. Any ideas how to stop this noise? It has done it since purchasing the car. So I’m unsure what lies beneath the trims.
Thanks in advance

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
It requires the actuator within the locking assembly to be replaced or simply replace the full assembly as a complete unit from a wreck. This is a common failure in the VS. I've already done a few in my vehicles over time.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs V8 Ute
I had the drivers side door fail; I put up with the problem for 12months....just busy

Had to go to the wreckers twice. Both times I purchased 2 actuators.

The fourth one worked.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have replaced actuators before. Wrecker ones yeah can be hit and miss. Got to try and find some that have done little work. That's the hard part given the age of our old buses.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's where I love UPI, you can pick and choose from the flogged out heaps or the better looked after vehicles.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
UPI is the bomb, i love it. We have self serve here but he has some stupid rules. Plus the cars are all in a muddy cow padock and virtually none are jacked up, so you have to jack up the cars yourself and pack wooden blocks or rims underneath to climb under.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Surprise he's getting away with that sort of rubbish. OH&S is running rife at UPI and the way all the cars are set out is generally superb for working on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah it sucks. Next time I head out i will try and get a pic or two. He gets away with it because its rural Tas. It could be so much better but he doesn't care.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
Where is UPI? The Commodore wreckers in Albury/Wodonga is pretty good and also a Rare Spares outlet...

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
South Australia only. They have 3 massive yards with the Lonsdale being the best in regards to quality of cars coming in and Elizabeth the worst.