Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold air intake vs extractors help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Why is everyone just assuming the OP is a hoon just because he's on P plates and wants to modify his car? Stereotypical much, get off ya horses people.

It's not the P plate and mods bit. It's that he's got 1 point left and is looking to avoid the cops. Imho the OP should avoid more mods till he's off his p's coz anything he does is likely to attract more police attention and the cops aren't that good when it comes to deciding what's illegal when it comes to mods (E.G saw a bloke's mr2 defected for having the engine in the rear).

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
You do realize you can lose points for things other than hooning, right? So what if he wants to avoid the police, when I was on my reds I was doing the same, not because I was a hoon but let's be honest, probationary drivers get targeted a lot more than full-licensed drivers.

My car isn't exactly legal and I never get a second glance from the police.

With that being said, I would definitely go with the OTRCAI until you get off your Ps or at least get more points, you will lose your license if you get caught with extractors.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
With that being said, I would definitely go with the OTRCAI until you get off your Ps or at least get more points, you will lose your license if you get caught with extractors.

^^ This...

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
He's lost the points for something and chances are they aren't all for parking tickets. Can't say I lost more than 1 point on my p's and I was driving a modified skyline so there was lots of attention but next to no point loss. If getting to 1 point on your licence is a normal thing then you're definitely doing something wrong.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You don't lose points (actually you don't lose points at all, you gain them) for parking tickets.

To the OP, why bother doing something properly now since you already have the fully sick straight pipe exhaust mod.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
He's lost the points for something and chances are they aren't all for parking tickets. Can't say I lost more than 1 point on my p's and I was driving a modified skyline so there was lots of attention but next to no point loss. If getting to 1 point on your licence is a normal thing then you're definitely doing something wrong.

So let's just all assume he's a massive hoon, seems reasonable.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
So let's just all assume he's a massive hoon, seems reasonable.

Until he proves otherwise I will exercise my right to my opinion based on what have read here and on his profile page.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I think most of us drive over the limit now and then and I don`t mean 100k in a 60 zone.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Until he proves otherwise I will exercise my right to my opinion based on what have read here and on his profile page.

$100 says if he didn't mention he was a P plater in the original post you would have never replied to this thread.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
What sh|t fight of a thread poor kid just want to mod his ride . I lost 3 points on my ps for going through an orange and had to stay under the cop radar for a year with 1 point . Doesn't mean ima hoon.

To op if I where you just chill save your coin till your off your ps and upgrade to a blown v8 ... It's what all the cool kids are doing .

Both mods with a tune would work well together

Status
Not open for further replies.