Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold air intake vs extractors help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
There's nothing wrong with offering some advice but everyone just assumed he was a hoon because he's on his P plates, it's not your place to tell him he can't do this or can't do that, help him out or don't post at all, simple.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
it's not your place to tell him he can't do this or can't do that, help him out or don't post at all, simple.

It's not your place either to tell people they can't offer opinions and to not post.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey guys i got a 2008 ve sv6 ute manual and i need your help i have to pick either cold air intake (like growler or air hammer) or put extractors on it i have straight pipes already just wondering wit one i would benefit more from in regards to performance like acceleration n touque wise thanks heaps im not a car expert so keep it simple to understand lol thanks im a red p plater so i gotta stay under cop radar got 1 point left!
if u could leave prices n places that would be great! thanks...

Vcm intake end of story. Ss reductions rubbish!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Well he came here to ask for advice and everyone shut him down...

Dude, that's a overly simplistic view of what's happened in this thread, and you know it.
If he simply asked which one is better- CAI or Extractors, no one would be hating on him.
It's the rest of the stuff that he added- P plater with 1 point left, looking to avoid cops, lost points for "bull ****" reasons... that screams poor attitude.

And its for this reason he's been given a hard time... the poor attitude, not the P plate.
It's this type of attitude that CAUSES extra heat from the cops in the first place, and higher insurance and tougher mod laws for the rest of us!

Bull **** reasons or not, he's lost nearly all his points.
And instead of learning from those mistakes, he wants ways to 'fool those dumb pigs looking to pick on him' (paraphrasing here, but this is most likely his attitude based on previous comments).

And his supporters dont help his cause with their comments either.

Anyone here is happy to offer advice to someone who truely needs it, AND has the right attitude. There's a lot of older people on this forum with a lot of useful information tucked inside their cranial cavities, and if people want to get access to that info they have to play nice ;). The alternative is to be the tough nut P Plater and go against the grain, and then go read Hot 4's or something because you wont get anything here :).

So, long story short.... anyone who finds this thread 'unfair' to the OP needs to read between the lines here. It's not because he's a P Plater, it's because of the attitude that reflects poorly on the rest of us to powers that be, and makes us all suffer in the end.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
All he said was he had 1 point and wanted to keep under the radar.

That's when everyone jumped down his throat about being a hoon, your gunna loose your license etc.

There were 23 other posts stereotyping him before he even posted back, which is when he mentioned tw "bullshit" reasons why he lost his points.

FYI, post 4 by velj isn't the op. so maybe read through the thread again and take note who says what.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
FYI, post 4 by velj isn't the op. so maybe read through the thread again and take note who says what.

Youre 100% right, but what's your point?
OP mentioned that he lost 2 points on a double demerit long weekend for a missing P plate, and then the following week another point for a missing a plate again.
I think the first fine would have woke me up, but anyway.

Ok he didnt lose them doing burnouts or speeding, but I reckon OP would consider 3 points off for no plates "bullshit" wouldnt you?

All he said was he had 1 point and wanted to keep under the radar.

And the best way to do that is to illegally modify the air intake? Awesome.
Listen, if people want illegal mods on their car... all power to them. Go nuts. Who gives a **** about roadworthiness, laws, insurance, demerit points, money, clearing defects etc.
But dont be putting mods on a car to draw attention to yourself, but then also say "I wanna keep under the radar".
Does that sound logical to you?

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Dude, that's a overly simplistic view of what's happened in this thread, and you know it.
If he simply asked which one is better- CAI or Extractors, no one would be hating on him.
It's the rest of the stuff that he added- P plater with 1 point left, looking to avoid cops, lost points for "bull ****" reasons... that screams poor attitude.

And its for this reason he's been given a hard time... the poor attitude, not the P plate.
It's this type of attitude that CAUSES extra heat from the cops in the first place, and higher insurance and tougher mod laws for the rest of us!

Bull **** reasons or not, he's lost nearly all his points.
And instead of learning from those mistakes, he wants ways to 'fool those dumb pigs looking to pick on him' (paraphrasing here, but this is most likely his attitude based on previous comments).

And his supporters dont help his cause with their comments either.

Anyone here is happy to offer advice to someone who truely needs it, AND has the right attitude. There's a lot of older people on this forum with a lot of useful information tucked inside their cranial cavities, and if people want to get access to that info they have to play nice ;). The alternative is to be the tough nut P Plater and go against the grain, and then go read Hot 4's or something because you wont get anything here :).

So, long story short.... anyone who finds this thread 'unfair' to the OP needs to read between the lines here. It's not because he's a P Plater, it's because of the attitude that reflects poorly on the rest of us to powers that be, and makes us all suffer in the end.

Now if only they actually offered advice instead of bashing someone for being a P-plater, this forum would be a better place.

What's overly simplistic is everyone reading the word 'P-plater' and 'mods' in the same sentence and going on a hate-filled rant.

The main reason I joined this forum is to bask in it's useful information and hopefully offer some to others, this thread is the epitome of stereotypical troglodytes throwing rocks at a person for simply being a probationary driver and wanting to mod their car.

I found his attitude to be fine, but yet again I'm a 21 year old P-plater myself so I'm just going with the flow, am I right? Guys?

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I hate to say, I'm agreeing with pickles here, I lost points twice for bs, done for speeding, I had no idea my speedo was out, and no not one after the other, my 1st fine and my last, fixes the problem both times.

I too when o was on my p's had my p plate fall onto the parcel shelf, quite a number of times, and half the time I didn't notice till someone pointed it out to me. It's overlooked quite often.

Seriously, labeling the poor bloke as a hoon with no proof is just childish and playing into the stereotypes hands.

I also don't agree he should be doing mods that draw attention, but I hate to say the horsepower bug has bitten.

He asked a question, answer it!

Note, it's only an illegal mod because of a small p plate on a window, nothing that affects the cars safety in anyway.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Youre 100% right, but what's your point?
OP mentioned that he lost 2 points on a double demerit long weekend for a missing P plate, and then the following week another point for a missing a plate again.
I think the first fine would have woke me up, but anyway.

Ok he didnt lose them doing burnouts or speeding, but I reckon OP would consider 3 points off for no plates "bullshit" wouldnt you?

And the best way to do that is to illegally modify the air intake? Awesome.
Listen, if people want illegal mods on their car... all power to them. Go nuts. Who gives a **** about roadworthiness, laws, insurance, demerit points, money, clearing defects etc.
But dont be putting mods on a car to draw attention to yourself, but then also say "I wanna keep under the radar".
Does that sound logical to you?

Mate, what I'm getting at is everyone jumped down his throat before they knew anything about how he lost the points. Sure getting done for no p plates twice is stoopid, but everyone's assumption of him being a ######## hoon was made before any news of how he lost his points.

He was stereotyped, and in this day and age stereotyping is the worst thing for us car true enthusiasts.

As for legal mods yadda yadda yadda. I bet 99% of vehicles have at least one illegal mod.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Its been a while but, another JC classic thread in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.