Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore LT Sportwagon 2.0T Drive

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ZB = FWD, I hate FWD therefore I would never bother driving it with the intent to own it. Take one as a rental sure but own it, never.

Good measure? still doesn't make up for better driver training but I guess the government doesn't really care about really improving the road statistics but if you want to believe that fancy gizmos = safe driver than all the power to you.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
They add to safety. The maniacs will kill us yes. But these safety things are by any measure very good.
The greatest concern on the road is tail fairing. I can't expand here but we gave to review aspects around it. Tail gaiting is in massive epidemic proportions. It is urgent to make it a serious offence and begin to educate the public about that. It is confounded and made worse by the requirement to move into the left lane unless overtaking. It is a subject that needs face to face unpacking of issues. This is not the place to unpack the issues. But it us a massive concern, the one that stresses me on the road. Fortunately I live in ne Vic and when driving to work for 40 klms , there are no traffic lights negotiate 4 roundabouts and an travelling at 80 or 100 for 95% of the journey ( but now recently retured), so the Commodore and I are at peace . I always look forward when my great saloon car ( a 4 cylinder) is just quietly loping along . it is quiet.. revving at a mere 1250 rpm on 112klm ... ahhhhh

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB = FWD, I hate FWD therefore I would never bother driving it with the intent to own it. Take one as a rental sure but own it, never.

Good measure? still doesn't make up for better driver training but I guess the government doesn't really care about really improving the road statistics but if you want to believe that fancy gizmos = safe driver than all the power to you.
drive it, just for the experience, I guarantee you will be amazed

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tezza did you just say this is the first Commodore with a 4 cyl? Or am i misunderstanding your post.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tezza did you just say this is the first Commodore with a 4 cyl? Or am i misunderstanding your post.
ok there may have been .. the small one in about 1980

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
drive it, just for the experience, I guarantee you will be amazed

I doubt it, and it won't like it when I have a trailer on the back with a ton of builders mix in it.

ok there may have been .. the small one in about 1980

4 cylinder starfire engine was an option right through the first few models of Commodore and was in fact the very first model I ever owned ( 82 VH with 4 on the floor). Didn't set the world on fire but was fun enough for a first car.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
is just quietly loping along . it is quiet.. revving at a mere 1250 rpm on 112klm ... ahhhhh

Can anyone else confirm this 1250rpm at 112kmh figure? It seems ridiculously low, even for something with a billion gears. My six-litre sits on about 1650rpm at the same speed and has a lot more torque than a four-pot turbo.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR