Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to Gas - any advice?

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
so much price difference in stuff here.
Ok what ive heard is that there are 2 types of gas setup.
1 is the old mixer thing in the engine bay that look cheap and nasty.
2 is the new injected type that they drill into the origi injection unti,id prefer this.
Not sure what all these prices are for floating round here,anyone care to tell us what type yous are getting or been quoted for?

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
I've got a VX series 2 Wagon with factory gas/triple window display.
I have no problems with the FE2 springs in the rear running 17" SS rims, whether the car has a full tank of LPG or Petrol and towing my 17' caravan or 18' ski-boat, no tyre rubbing or bottoming out. All the functions of the trip computer work and the standard fuel gauge works fine,though as per petrol in the last 1/4 of the tank it drops to empty quickly and brings the low fuel light on with about 15 litres of petrol or LPG left. I rely more on the Fuel used window, and have calibrated it through the trip computer to within 5 litres.

greenbeam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
gruntavt said:
though as per petrol in the last 1/4 of the tank it drops to empty quickly and brings the low fuel light on with about 15 litres of petrol or LPG left. I rely more on the Fuel used window, and have calibrated it through the trip computer to within 5 litres.

Good to hear this, thanks for filling us in. The 15 litres of 'uncalibrated' fuel is a 'feature' (I think) to stop users from running out of fuel trying to go to the last litre. Your second point is also wecome. I wondered if it would be possible to use the cal functions in the computer to also calibrate LPG.
Thanks,
Paul.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
gruntavt said:
I rely more on the Fuel used window, and have calibrated it through the trip computer to within 5 litres.

How do you calibrate it????

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
greenbeam said:
Good to hear this, thanks for filling us in. The 15 litres of 'uncalibrated' fuel is a 'feature' (I think) to stop users from running out of fuel trying to go to the last litre. Your second point is also wecome. I wondered if it would be possible to use the cal functions in the computer to also calibrate LPG.
Thanks,
Paul.
Yes it is possible to calibrate the LPG cal functions,I have calibrated the trip computer for LPG usage and petrol.

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
holdensupporter2005 said:

It's in the service book on how to calibrate it.

greenbeam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
holdensupporter2005 said:

It *really* is a case of RTFM. The owners manual has quite a bit of extra stuff in it for 'tinkerers'. For instance, it tells you how to reset the "Service Due" warning, it tells you how to set the overspeed alarm to any number you want (ie 67km/h, so you can get the 10% over 60km warning), and it had that little nugget about the traction control being disabled when you switch to running on LPG.

Quite surprising what's in there.
Cheers,
Paul.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
After reading the 'MANUAL' ;) Fuel customisation is only available on the 3 window dash cluster!!!! Not on the single window cluster.

Stevie C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Hi all,
second tank of gas, 418kms 58lts, $24 to fill.

Also trip computer lts /100kms and dash fuel gauge seem quite accurate
I don't think I need any additional fuel gauge IMHO. (assuming holden kit in VYII of coarse!)

Steve

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Stevie C said:
Hi all,
second tank of gas, 418kms 58lts, $24 to fill.

Also trip computer lts /100kms and dash fuel gauge seem quite accurate
I don't think I need any additional fuel gauge IMHO. (assuming holden kit in VYII of coarse!)

Steve

Have you noticed any difference in performance??