Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu's VQ statesman 5l WIP (last budget project)

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
sorry everyone but it looks like i dont have the statesman anymore :-(

Yeah what the title says. Unfortunately I don't have the statesman anymore either. Basically I lostmy vr berlina that I spent a fair bit of time and effort cleaning up because for some stupid reason I thought that a Raggedy old VQ.statesman/death trap would be a better car. Despite still trying to rescue the statesman, it didn't.take long before.I.pdf that.too.

I got fed up.with trying to fix the statesman as more and more problems were being discovered. I ended up posting it for swaps of anything registered and decent. I got a call to swap for a pulsar and I thought why not. Anyway I went and swapped the guy and drove the pulsar home. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, I got a call from the guy I swapped the statesman with. "yeah hello, you might want to come back and pick up your statesman Coz it's a stolen car." I was shocked.That prick who so happily gave me a dangerous car that was in far worse condition than my VR berlina, was fu##ing stolen.

To cut a long story short, I went back to the guys house and knocked on his door to find out why he thought it would be a smart idea to swap a stolen car to me. After a bit of an argument, I left there with the people who originally wanted my statesman for their pulsar, who incidently felt sorry for me, decided to help me out with a friends car that I could have.so that I didn't have to keep driving a.stolen car. I was pretty torn up after seeing how bad of shape my VR was when I went back to the guys house but the guys who originally wanted my statesman got me a Mazda 121 shades to drive around until I can get another legit commodore.

So IM sorry to say, I don't have.a commodore at all at the moment.

Will post a thread of my Mazda somewhere when I have the time.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
So you neither have your VR or the VQ? Screw that, contact the police and get your VR back!

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
After all this, please tell me you have learnt you lesson and won't be swapping cars anymore.

Just save up all the cash you keep spending on these and actually outright buy yourself something that is Roadworthy and registered. That you have ran a REVS check on.

That VR was a nice car i have no idea why you swapped it, especially after looking at the car and seeing all these obvious problems.

But hey, you live and you learn man, lets just hope you learn.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So you neither have your VR or the VQ? Screw that, contact the police and get your VR back!

Not gonna happen. It's usually standard procedure and really easy to check such things before a deal/sale. Buyer beware, the police will confiscate the VQ, that's about it, the VR no longer belongs to DCEIVDU.

Sorry to hear it, but I'll assume it's a hard lesson learned.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Lesson learnt. Lets just leave it at that.

Good luck for the future mate. Hoping to see you in a commodore soon. Come to Vic, there's heaps for sale in good nick and cheap.

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
Time for a fresh start cheif, save some pennies and get back on that horse. You can snag a great deal, just bide your time and pounce.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have definitely learnt my lesson and I won't be swapping anymore I don't think. I will start saving what I can and hopefully get a job soon andsstart seriously saving to find a nice commodore for me to love.

Thanks again everyone for your support and this shouldn't happen again.

...I am a sad panda

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is what the vq was starting to look like...

20130516002914.jpg

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have definitely learnt my lesson and I won't be swapping anymore I don't think. I will start saving what I can and hopefully get a job soon andsstart seriously saving to find a nice commodore for me to love.

Thanks again everyone for your support and this shouldn't happen again.

...I am a sad panda

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Big improvement in photo posted above.
Come Vic, buy a cheapie and I'll shout you some beers and some cheap parts.
Should have just given you my old VN.