Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well she is alive again!!!!!!

Unfortunately I have got a few wiring issue that need to be sorted out before I can get her onto the dyno and start doing a retune.

Hopefully I will have the loom sorted within the next week or so and will be able to start the tuning process and maybe even get out to a track day or a hill climb soon!!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
wow Barry, I haven't looked at your thread for a while now
this car has gone from great to awesome, as if it wasn't quick enough before!
Can't wait to see what sort of results it gets now. Those laps times are going to come tumbling down

I'm heading out to Lakeside again on the 9th November for another run. Haven't been out on a track day since the last time I caught up with you out there.
I've made a few suspension tweaks, but tyres have seen better days, so not expecting to break my previous lap times, but after a couple of frustratingly slow 'happy laps' sessions, I'm hanging to get back on the track and give it my best. Next time I should have some Toyo R1R's fitted.

Will keep an eye on this thread, will be really keen how the upgrades go

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
The wiring issue!!!
photo.jpg
attachment.php

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
wow Barry, I haven't looked at your thread for a while now
this car has gone from great to awesome, as if it wasn't quick enough before!
Can't wait to see what sort of results it gets now. Those laps times are going to come tumbling down

I'm heading out to Lakeside again on the 9th November for another run. Haven't been out on a track day since the last time I caught up with you out there.
I've made a few suspension tweaks, but tyres have seen better days, so not expecting to break my previous lap times, but after a couple of frustratingly slow 'happy laps' sessions, I'm hanging to get back on the track and give it my best. Next time I should have some Toyo R1R's fitted.

Will keep an eye on this thread, will be really keen how the upgrades go

Hey Darren, the quick "freshen up" has turned in to an out of control revamp!!!
It will be good to catch up again at Lakeside. I was thinking about going to Phillip Island for a super sprint in November but with no real testing I am a bit worried that it is a long tow truck ride home!
So I maybe going to Lakeside instead.
Be good to see your beast out on the track again!!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well if all goes well this afternoon, maybe, just maybe I may get to put the old girl on the rollers and get a nice base tune done!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
At last, 99% of the issues are all sorted and I got to get a tune in to the girl!!

I am quite happy at how this has turned out. I have got a nice tune into the old girl so I can go out and have a bit of fun at last.
It made a healthy 445RWHP on a pretty easy sort of tune. I think it has a bit more hidden in there, but that will have to wait for a while.
I have capped the tune at 6400RPM for now and will raise that sometime in the future to about 7200RPM.
I am pretty stoked that it now makes 13PSI @1800RPM!!!!!
Getting it to hook up on the dyno took a fair bit of effort, even running my semi slicks, all it wanted to do was bake the tyres!!!

photo.jpg

166957d1382304695-decicrates-vs-l67-t56-s-pack-photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Damn, that's got to be some sort of record for a stock stroke M90 L67.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well got some more good news yesterday, I got my acceptance to the Australian Hill Climb Championship at Mt Cotton at the end of the month and I also got my acceptance to the Historic Noosa Hill climb on the 9/10 of November!!
I finally get to drive my car again!!!!!