Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defected!

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Your allowed the biggest size your modle came out with and then 1 size bigger.. My vn just passed with 18's..
Also its a 10% rolling diameter..

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
ok i just went through this bs with blueslip on my vs v6 commodore in NSW, anything that comes standard on the same body and suspension, as i had 17s on he tried knocking it back, i said hang on the gts n that came out with 17s, he said so they did, these are legal, well thats my theory and it works

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
why spend thousands of $$$$$

Why some clowns spend thousands of dollars making their car illegal is beyond me. Lowering a car is one of the stupidest things, imagine paying someone to enable your exhaust to be ripped off at a speed hump

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
standard is best

A good guide to what's legal and what's not > if it came out on that model it legal, if you have changed it then it's illegal

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
ok i just went through this bs with blueslip on my vs v6 commodore in NSW, anything that comes standard on the same body and suspension, as i had 17s on he tried knocking it back, i said hang on the gts n that came out with 17s, he said so they did, these are legal, well thats my theory and it works
Doesn't the GTS have different suspension to your V6?

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
What about load rating on Tyres? The load rating on the placard on my SV6 is 100 but you can only get 20" tyres rated up to 95 at the moment. So my tyre dealer tells me anyway.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Wow, massive thanks to all of you, great suggestions, firstly no I was not being a smart .... I was however talking about the cops, thanks to those who picked up on that.
Alright I went to my local tyre place they were ridiculously helpfull and actually found out that the rolling diameter is SMALLER than the stock wheels (Believe it or not)
So we were confident that they will pass the blue slip with the right eveidence, however the exhaust not to good, because it is lowered they wont just cut and re weld unfortunatly BUT I have been given a number for an engineers cert, so I will most lileky go through the pain of that spend some cash on the height and also the wheels just in case of being pulled over again.
Thanks Again all.

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
The 2 inch rule is bs, according to the department of transport its the overal diameter of the tire that matters. The tire can increase by 25mm or decrease by 10mm by the largest or smallest tire size (depending on which way your going) that was released from factory for that model car.