Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delcowizzid'a vn gts-t

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
........ I am speechless - and I applaud your motivation.

but, I will say.... just FYI... that it cost me roughly 50 bux to get an exhaust mani flange laser cut out of 8mm steel.... materials included.

... additionally - any reason you didn't make a tall rocker cover from two normal rocker covers? :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i think my cheap ass $25 jigsaw would do it. with the correct fine tooth blade. the trick is to spray some CRC5.56/WD40 on it occasionally to stop it heating up and gailing/binding.

LOL, labour costs are to high here in NZ unless you know somebody. a local place wanted to charge me $50 to weld on a bit of alloy to my inter cooler piping for the BOV :(

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha cheers luke definately wont be going into mass production thats for sure LOL. just 2 weeks left before the drags and they need to be in and tuned running out of time.shes getting a quick tickle up at 14psi on the street tomorrow then we are dropping the exhaust fitting the headlight CAI new diff with better ratio and filling it with avgas might even tune it too 18psi this time going to measure exhaust housing backpressure readings before and after exhaust as well must be getting up there by now

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i think my cheap ass $25 jigsaw would do it. with the correct fine tooth blade. the trick is to spray some CRC5.56/WD40 on it occasionally to stop it heating up and gailing/binding.

we have a cheapo LOL XU-1 brand but all the blades we could buy only reach halfway through the billet when the jigsaws on full retraction of the blade it pokes out through it at full extension no worries.next one i might just cut the whole thing with the 1mm cutoff wheel instead of drilling holes may work out lots faster it took ages to drill 107 holes in that solid alloy hahaha

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
time going to measure exhaust housing backpressure readings before and after exhaust

When you say "housing backpressure" do you mean pre-turbine and post turbine pressures?

I'd be reallllllly interested in a graph of pre->post housing pressures vs intake mani pressure. (with and without exhaust.. too)

I'm planning on running a coil of copper wire off the merge collector and then into a map sensor on my car so I can measure backpressure. (the coil is there to cool the gasses so they don't melt the guts of the map sensor)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i just measured mine. at full retraction the blade sticks out 35mm. fine tooth. go to bunnings and have a look for some blades man. save yourself a lot of hassle.

i'd just drill holes in the corners. use a cut of disc for the straight bits and jigsaw for the twisty stuff

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hmm bunnings it is cheers mate will be way easier.

luke ive been meaning to measure the pressure in the exhaust manifold for a long time i have a fitting in the number 1 runner just before it joins the log for my EGT sensor ill screw it out and fit a metal standoff to a boost gauge for now but i do plan on fitting another map sensor for logging purposes later if the exhaust is restrictive at our power levels we should be able to lower the pre turbo back pressure by dropping the exhaust we only have hotdogs in the 3" pipe but 2 of them are fluted hotdogs with the raised ribs in the airstream these may cause a loss of flow its the little bits of research like this that may get us good gains.after march if we get a 10.99 and get told we need a cage its time for some heads to make up for the weight of the cage.then when we cant go any faster we will fit some tuned length manifolds or a twin turbo setup on tuned length manis and get a more aggressive cam

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
VB just got a mention in petrolhead magazine for the second time last time was for the masterton burnout comp :D

IMGP4835.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
went out tuning the VB today lasted about 10 minutes then we were getting low on fuel time to pull over and slap in the 20L of 110/130 avgas and a few degrees timing :D lasted 5 mins before twisting the diff till oil pissed out and then blowing another T5 think them roller rockers and av make a big difference LOL this diff has been in and out of the car over time and has never made a noise but withen a minute was starting to howl as the diff tweaked out of alignment then the horrible smell of gear oil burning on the exhaust filled the car man we havnt even dropped the exhaust or fitted our CAI headlight yet new T5 is in allready :D feels way faster than before january drags getting excited and the smell oh buitiful lead avgas smell gotta love that turbo loves it posting pics soon of what lead looks like on a turbine wheel and exhaust valves

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hmm rich as 10.5-10.8 totally no soot huge torque and power must be the ashless avgas normally run at 11.8-12 on pump gas and pull out my wideband and it has soot on it
IMGP4841.jpg

IMGP4839.jpg

IMGP4838.jpg

IMGP4837.jpg