Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DFI Module Part numbers ?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Hi,

Went to replace my DFI with part GM no 1103946 and a new Delphi unit DS1004.D and would barely start. Once is did it would run real rough. Not sure if faulty from the box or if this is the incorrect part number ? Assumed they would be all the same when advertised for all Ecotec.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All DFIs are the same for the V6. Delphi is Chinese so good chance it's faulty. Grab one from the wreckers and give that a go. Delphi is no longer OEM its about as good as a Sum Ting Wong.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
All DFIs are the same for the V6. Delphi is Chinese so good chance it's faulty. Grab one from the wreckers and give that a go. Delphi is no longer OEM its about as good as a Sum Ting Wong.
Thanks for that. Yes the ebay seller was great and refunded me for the Delphi which must of been bought years ago it seems. But looking online, the Goss and Bosch ones all rate very low as well so it seems the aftermarket for these is not the best. Got one with coils from the wreckers and all good. Hopefully someone steps in and makes decent ones.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi,

Went to replace my DFI with part GM no 1103946 and a new Delphi unit DS1004.D and would barely start. Once is did it would run real rough. Not sure if faulty from the box or if this is the incorrect part number ? Assumed they would be all the same when advertised for all Ecotec.
Depending where you are in Melbourne,

Jollys would be your best option to source a DFI

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

That's not technically correct. Series 1 VN V6 was different but work the same, same plug etc but most people just upgrade the series 1 unit to the more common later style if/when it fails.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's not technically correct. Series 1 VN V6 was different but work the same, same plug etc but most people just upgrade the series 1 unit to the more common later style if/when it fails.
True, as were the coils slightly different also.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
The spare DFI I had in the shed was a VN one, fit on and runs ok on the VS.
The new one I bought is a Goss, don't know if that's going to be any good.
Perhaps I should put it in and try it, just doesn't seem right to fix it now it's not broken.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've wondered if getting one from the States would fit and work? I reckon one from the US would be better than the rubbish we get here. I just don't know if the pinouts are the same.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can't see why they would be different.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride