Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between VT and VX bumpers

Cregan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Commodore equipe
Been thinking of getting Manta lip kit for my VX, but have seen that the front and rear won't fit. I didn't think there was much difference between the standard bumpers besides the obvious headlights and reflectors on rear. Is there a difference that can't be seen unless had them sitting side by side?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I could be wrong but the VT/VX bumpers seem to have a slightly different shape, hence why the Manta kit doesn't fit on your VX Equipe (which is pretty much an Executive)

Reactions: Lex

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
front and rear won't fit.
No such thing. Anything will fit if you have the patience and time. I wrote off my VX Berlina years ago and replaced the front bumper, grille, bonnet with ones off a VX Exec. Initially they didn't fit, but made them do it in the end without having to hack and anything and without it being obvious. Had a bit of trouble getting the bonnet to close, but figured it out in the end. Compare the two and see what can be adapted.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
For the record, here's Vanessa when I wrote her off, and then side by side with my new VX Berlina. The different front on Vanessa (on the right) can be seen in the side by side photo, next to a standard front on Geraldine (left).

Vanessaday.jpg
twins2.jpg