Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dodgey Aircon VF SS 2014

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Recently seen a HWP car in the service bay at my ocal Holden dealership. One thing that government are very good at, paying over inflated prices for out sourced work to the private sector.

Sorry, you have no idea what you're talking about. Police fleet (and most other fleet joints) have a vastly discounted labour and parts pricing scheme which makes it no more expensive to service at a dealership as opposed to a cheap **** independent.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Sorry, you have no idea what you're talking about. Police fleet (and most other fleet joints) have a vastly discounted labour and parts pricing scheme which makes it no more expensive to service at a dealership as opposed to a cheap **** independent.

I agree. The servicing costs would all be part of purchase/lease deal. In any event, I pay less for holden to service my car at the recommended service interval than my local mechanic. I recently has my 45K service (car had 16.5k on it). I supplied the oil. Cost to me, the price of the oil from Repco on special plus Holden charged me $100.25 which included a brake fluid change. So all up around $210.

The deal when I bought the car was 5 years warranty and 3 years fixed price servicing. Now my dealer wrote to me last week and said I had been now offered lifetime capped pricing. Naturally, this only applies to the 9 months recommended service. My local guy who I use for an oil and filter change at 4.5 months after the Holden service cannot match the Holden price.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I had the same problem with my Calais V and I put it in for a warranty job which the dealer checked the temperature and advised that one of the A/C pipes was faulty and it was replaced. They regassed the system and all good. Only pitfall was it took about 4.5 hours from booking to driving out.

VZSV857

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 Built L77 M6 430rwhp
Common failure point is the AC pipe that runs between compressor and condensor. You'll see an oily residue all over it near the crimp.

Police are treated as fleet and pay accordingly.