Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
You can replace the ABS unit lol, aren't cheap though

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Is it starting up and beeping, and turning traction control off and illuminating some of the dash lights?

Happened to my car once, turned it off, started it again and never happened again, 3 months later.

I have had that exact thing happen to me twice.. and roughly 3 months apart lol.. But I have had it for almost a year-ish now... And now this has happened.. I unplugged it and blew in the pins and connection.. Figured it used to work for my Nintendo 64 lol... Drove today and first drive was problem free but on the way back in the rain, I thought, I wonder if traction control/ABS is working properly so I revved it a lil harder off the line, it all light up and then ABS lit up an yep... It needs replacing.. Haha.... Yay.......

OOooooooon a MUCH more positive but annoy note... I am getting tax back soon! :D After ABS fixed I will have roughly $800 left.. What should I do with it guys??

These are my sort of thoughts and fights in my head and with my missus haha.. :

Tint $400
Personal Plates $550
Exhaust Headers $600
Hi flow cats $600
HID lights $170
Projector Headlights $370
Auto Shift Kit $450
Whiteline/nolethane strut brace? $???
" H/Duty Sway bar $???
New set of slotted discs and bads all round $550

Any other ideas guys.........?

And my fiance's idea.. Monaro bonnet from Savage-Fibreglass but will have to keep it black/primer for a bit coz I have no idea on $ to get a bonnet painted...

Any help much appreciated guys....!

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Oh an the 'now' symptoms are driving around is fine, no lights.... Sometimes upon braking, and purposefull loss of traction will lights up like a christmas tree... Also, if I am cruising and I knock it down into 2nd gear, christmas tree....

Guess I will just have to replace the ABS unit..

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
For that money do 20% tint and pocket the change for plates

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Mmm.... Yeah I do like the idea of tint with summer just around the bend, and so does my missus (thats what she is tellin me to do, that plus projectors and HIDs), Like I said, roughly 800, but Hmmm...... I don't know about personal plates aye.. I sort of like that fact that people don't always remember my car at a scene... LOL but at the same time I like them coz they are very recognizable...

How much does it cost after you purchase the set of plates to put them on ur own car? Coz surely they have made other ways of sapping money from us all...

Hmm... Decisions decisions......

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
Plates ftw

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Doesn't cost anything, it's different here compared to how that run it over east, once you buy then they are yours, doesn't cost anything to fit them

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Then do I need to pay anything to 'get rid of' my old shity WA plates? lol

Also, okay tint-wise... I have always been thinkin 20%.. So anyone got ideas of where to go....?

TKO Tinting does 22% and 16%... Does anyone know where there is closer to 20%? Or 18%? lol....

Other companies....?

Also... Has either of you two... (yeah I say that now coz you guys seem to be the only reader/writers I have... haha) Done a battery-to-boot relocation...? Coz imho it makes the engine bay look soooo much better... An was wondering on the pricing and work load to do? Or the workshop to look at..?

Coz like I said makes everything so much nicer, and if you put it in your boot you gotta have a battery kill switch in there and ANDRA states that if you run a car faster then 11.99 seconds you gotta have a battery kill switch, and I am hoping to eventually make a monster streeter capable of low to mid 11's...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Short answer, no.

TKO tint are awesome, tint a car can do whatever you want fairly sure, I'll be getting 20% down the track

I'm relocating mine due to intercooler piping, so I'll have to find out too.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Yeah, well there is that reason too... I will eventually need the room for intercooler piping to... But... Till then I wanna move it... Shouldnt be to hard tho...

Provided you can obtain all the right stuff Im thinkin all you gotta do is earth out the negative thats attached to the engine. Prob bolt it into where the bolts for the original battery mount is,,, prob best to find somewhere else to earth it tho.. make it all neat and hidden.. then run 0 gauge wire from the old positive all the way to the boot.. earth out the battery to the chassis.. and all that.... But still.... think it will be a bit of a pain pullin everythin up so you can run the battery all that way back... Lol...

Positive note it will be easier to hook up a sound system.. (wont ever have to worry about the stupid fire wall and hanger wire trick again ffs)