Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual battery or capacitor setup ideas??

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Why do you constantly feel the need to create arguments?
Start a new thread for your bloody bickering and get back on topic here.

aww, do you need a hug too?

Deuce and I already made up, and I apologised.

are you still upset because I didn't agree with your suggestion? :(

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Side Questions: The monitor itself, is that running via a inverter? Does it use a DC pack.. eg 7 to 48 volts? if so, try to replace the inverter setup with a DC-DC step up transformer. This is why the car computers i run use a straight 12v dc power supply.. No need to step upto 240v analog from 12v dc only to have the devices like a PSU using a 12v dc max..

The first 16" monitor i had was a 12v tv so that was easy but this one is straight plug no dc pack, just one of those 3 prong connectors on all computer towers and most appliances

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
aww, do you need a hug too?

Deuce and I already made up, and I apologised.

are you still upset because I didn't agree with your suggestion? :(

Merely sick of you completely changing the topic of a thread as soon as someone mentions a db reading. Just numbers bro, no need to go getting your defences up over numbers.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Merely sick of you completely changing the topic of a thread as soon as someone mentions a db reading. Just numbers bro, no need to go getting your defences up over numbers.

hardly changing the topic, this is still the car audio section...

I was really making a point, that if someone claims some silly high number, it might be better to not listen to their car audio advice...

Circuit breakers are ok, but if Dman is running 0ga cable, you'd want at least a 200amp circuit breaker... I can't recommend one, as all my experiences with them have been bad...

The one I bought from Jaycar was fine, till I tried to use it again, and the stud the cable connected too snapped off...

If you're running a rear battery, it's only going to be a charge wire, so its not too critical, if you want to use circuit breakers, go for it!