Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dunlop fast response or goodyear F1 tyres for my car?

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
hey so I am due for some new rear tyres for my VP and I want something more grippy so I dont accidentally chirp the wheels at every traffic light and look like a fu**wit. I am tossing up between dunlop sp sport fast response or goodyear F1 GS-D3. Has anyone tried either of these tyres and can give your thoughts about them and the pros and cons. Cheers :thumbsup:

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
goodyear f1 are dear and ****, thats my opinion

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Toyo Teo Plus. I put em on everything, grippy, long lasting, quiet, reasonable price and on good rims you'll only ever see the smallest balancing weights used. Last set I had done balanced perfectly on 2 rims without weights at all.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
ah true, might get a price on the toyo's then, was just reading some other reviews about it and all say that its really good and not too expensive :thumbsup: cheers mate

Alex R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX
Id vote for Toyos too, mine are only 15" (225/60/15), but got them brand new for 120 each. They will still flick out in the wet if you make them but what tyre wont. They're very easy to drive sensibly on though.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
hey so I am due for some new rear tyres for my VP and I want something more grippy so I dont accidentally chirp the wheels at every traffic light and look like a fu**wit. I am tossing up between dunlop sp sport fast response or goodyear F1 GS-D3. Has anyone tried either of these tyres and can give your thoughts about them and the pros and cons. Cheers :thumbsup:

Why will that happen if ya take off normally like everybody else can ?

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Why will that happen if ya take off normally like everybody else can ?

Cos even at next to no throttle in the wet my current tyres just spin, particularly bad with all the hill starts I have to do in my area, and I live off a main road which is a 80 zone and at peak hour I only have very small gaps in the traffic to get on to the road. Im kinda sick of everyone beeping their horns at me cos I dont wanna go in what in their cars would be a good enough gap, but not for mine with no traction, cos then all the incoming traffic coming behind me gotta brake then they start beeping their horns too, I cant win either way, ive tried lowering the tyre pressure but it didnt help too much

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If you are after 225/60R15 cant go past Highway Max for price and grip. About $60 a tyre.

Attachments

• P03-24-10_19.56..jpg
    P03-24-10_19.56..jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,134
  • P03-24-10_19.55..jpg
    P03-24-10_19.55..jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 590