Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno results vs W310 pack = at the wheels?

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Willall Racing posted on their Facebook a dynograph showing a base run and then a run with Harrop's stage 1 kit (350kw) for a VF2 SS. Base run came in at 255kw and stage 1 run came in at 287kw.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Willall Racing posted on their Facebook a dynograph showing a base run and then a run with Harrop's stage 1 kit (350kw) for a VF2 SS. Base run came in at 255kw and stage 1 run came in at 287kw.

That's a manual, ~18% loss according to Harrop engine dyno.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
referring to my other thread regarding the upgrade to my SSV Redline -
Xforce cat back + HSV headers and cats + VCM OTR + Tune = 259.5kw at the wheels.
Can anyone throw any insight (guess) on how this likely converts to kw rating "at the flywheel" as I understand the Walky 310 is based on a flywheel rating? not rear wheel?
Curious how my 259.5 result might compare to the Walky 310 results??
Hey mate i had the w310 pack fitted to my l77 vf1 back in 2015. I have been having some troubles with my car ans was not impressed with walkinshaw. So I decided to take my car to a different custom tuner. He gave her a mafless custom tune and fitted a OTR (original walky came with a side intake cold box). I had this done yesterday 11/01/19.

I got an extra 50hp at the wheels more than my w310 walky package. My walky gave around 260rwkw. With a mafless and otr added i got 300rwkw my dyno graph is on paramount performance toowoomba facebook page. Terry from paramount performance used a hub dyno.

Cheers

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
My walky gave around 260rwkw

With a w310 pack? Were they figures given to you by WP?

The accepted flywheel to Rear wheel loss (drivetrain loss) is around 30% (in an auto). So in reality, I'd think it would have been more along the lines of 210-220rwkw.

From what I understand, WP have a bit of a habit of over promising and under delivering. And that's not having a go at anyone on here, just seems to be a bit of a general feeling about them.

Hopefully the bloke you quoted has got it sorted since 2016 anyway ;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
With a w310 pack? Were they figures given to you by WP?

The accepted flywheel to Rear wheel loss (drivetrain loss) is around 30% (in an auto). So in reality, I'd think it would have been more along the lines of 210-220rwkw.

From what I understand, WP have a bit of a habit of over promising and under delivering. And that's not having a go at anyone on here, just seems to be a bit of a general feeling about them.

Hopefully the bloke you quoted has got it sorted since 2016 anyway ;)
Nah, they've got more than that. 30% is too high for drivetrain loss I think. Mine had 206rwkw stock and with only a couple of thousand on the odometer. After my headers, cats, cat back, otr and tune, it was also ~260rwkw.
@Tumble_roll 300rwkw is impressive for a L77 auto with bolt on and tune! Interesting your tuner did mafless. I thought the maf wasn't a restriction on these engines? Did he explain why he recommend mafless?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Nah, they've got more than that. 30% is too high for drivetrain loss I think. Mine had 206rwkw stock and with only a couple of thousand on the odometer. After my headers, cats, cat back, otr and tune, it was also ~260rwkw.

But it's possible (likely?) that yours was more than 310fwkw in that case 'Cuda?. Was that on an L77? I've read a bit about these WP packs and they just don't seem to pull the numbers they advertise, granted I have no personal experience with them. I thought ~30% was the accepted figure for auto drivetrain loss?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
But it's possible (likely?) that yours was more than 310fwkw in that case 'Cuda?. Was that on an L77? I've read a bit about these WP packs and they just don't seem to pull the numbers they advertise, granted I have no personal experience with them. I thought ~30% was the accepted figure for auto drivetrain loss?
Yeah TML, mine is an L77 auto. In near new stock form, it lost ~21% (260-206 = 54kw) through the driveline. Adding back that loss after tune (260 * 1.21) gives 314fwkw. So, it's in that ball park I reckon.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Hey mate. I have all of the receipts from the day i bought her new and up until now. Hsppy to provide any receipts. . Yeah wslkinshaw very lazy. I will defend that

Summary of events:
The original w

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Hi guys some points to clarify:

My 2015 ssv refline vf1 is manual.
The w310 was arranged thru holden when i bought the car new.

When i had the w310 pack fitted walkinshaw provided me with a bogus generic dyno graph sheet. I asked at the time for a dyno of run for MY car.. they dont do that as they dont tune the car... they upload a preprogrammed tune.. for the money spent i found that really poor value. And walky dyno printout provided did show 260rwkw.
So my baseline from paramount was walky which paramount confirmed for me independantly that it is 260rwkw for the 310kw w310 measured at the flywheel. My upgrade 300rwkw. I know dyno results vary between tuning houses. No my tuner did not give any specific reasons for mafless. I will ask cause i am getting him to also service it on monday for me. He also found a leaking exhaust manifold for me so that is also getting fixed monday.