Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno results vs W310 pack = at the wheels?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I'm going MAF OTR purely so I can install myself and drive around. Then when I decide to get a tune I'll let the tuner decide. I'd love to have a crack at tuning myself but don't have access to any dunks nor is it my line of work. Doubt I'll be confident enough to upload someone's else's tune and just run that.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
never run anyone else's tune only ever use it as a compare file if u have to, there is more then just the engine calibration that gets flashed over, maf or mafless dosnt matter these days but the mafless (ve/vve) table requires more work, the maf is easier to tune (dont even need dyno its just airflow) and most only tune maf table but really should tune the SD (ve/vve) at same time as SD is always used for transients (maf/SD blended)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
never run anyone else's tune only ever use it as a compare file if u have to, there is more then just the engine calibration that gets flashed over, maf or mafless dosnt matter these days but the mafless (ve/vve) table requires more work, the maf is easier to tune (dont even need dyno its just airflow) and most only tune maf table but really should tune the SD (ve/vve) at same time as SD is always used for transients (maf/SD blended)
Thanks maybe I will have a go when I get to that stage. Another plus for keeping the MAF.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks maybe I will have a go when I get to that stage. Another plus for keeping the MAF.
just be careful as most tuners only tune the maf and lower the maf only qualifications and dont even realize that the SD is still used so it dosnt get tuned, even when MAF is set to work 100% of the time the SD (ve/vve) is always used for transients, factory tune uses a blend maf/sd up to around 4000rpm and then after that the maf has enough flow to be reliable so its used, to get the best tune disable the MAF and tune SD get it spot on then re enable the MAF and tune it then u have the best overall fueling making it a better tune

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
this is MAF table split in two its a single 2D airflow v hz simple as it looks
maf-table.jpg

this is VVE (mafless) table as u can see many more cells 3D it uses rpm v manifold pressure v airflow, far better resolution for tuning
vve-table.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
just be careful as most tuners only tune the maf and lower the maf only qualifications and dont even realize that the SD is still used so it dosnt get tuned, even when MAF is set to work 100% of the time the SD (ve/vve) is always used for transients, factory tune uses a blend maf/sd up to around 4000rpm and then after that the maf has enough flow to be reliable so its used, to get the best tune disable the MAF and tune SD get it spot on then re enable the MAF and tune it then u have the best overall fueling making it a better tune
What is SD?

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
As i mentioned in an earlier post i asked my tuner why mafless instead of maf.
His answer: the maf sensor, wires etc takes up valuable space within the airflow stream which firstly disrupts air flow and secondly blocks some air flow. Airflow is king. Mafless tuning also allows for better customisation with the tune.
I dont know much about tuning. Just passing that info on.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
As i mentioned in an earlier post i asked my tuner why mafless instead of maf.
His answer: the maf sensor, wires etc takes up valuable space within the airflow stream which firstly disrupts air flow and secondly blocks some air flow. Airflow is king. Mafless tuning also allows for better customisation with the tune.
I dont know much about tuning. Just passing that info on.
Yes there is plenty of two and fro on whether the MAF is capable enough when upping the tune.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
If you’re going to go mafless, see if they will punch the guts out of it and leave just the frame in the intake pipe.

Looks factory that way and avoids any unwanted attention.

Just an idea :)

Last edited: