Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirping2nd

Reaction score
yeah i know there are no real bragging rights being a dyno queen, i think i just like to to hear and see cars on the dyno. if we had an drag strip in adelaide we could see what out cars run. but AIR is fooked.

MBS206

Reaction score
hows this i got a dyno readong and said 120 rwkw i thought hrrmm sounds low but ok if thats what i got thats what i got but i can launch really hard and have beaten a few wrx and 5.7 in total stock form ( dont flame)
i run crs charger at 2.8 psi
ive had ppl ask me what my kw are cause i beet them
i really think kw's are a guide and not really worried about how much i have as long as ya go fast:)
and yes im about to here my stock v6 has 130+ kws not charged but dont really get beaten by v6's often

You can outlaunch a WRX? Got to be kidding right?
My bet is most weren't even bothered to try.
I out run most cars using around 1/4 - 1/2 throttle. V8s I flick to high and use full throttle.
But managing a WRX, off the mark? I'm pushing 185RWKW, in a close ratio box, in a car 150-200KG lighter then a VT and I can't keep up with a WRX off the mark, and my car can manage flat 14 second 1/4s with a **** launch.
I seriously doubt you've had someone REALLY run you in a WRX.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
not all commos are slow dude
i have outlaunched aquit a few stock i do repeat stock wrxs (not brand new stis either) but they dont launch that hard and yes at 180 km's and hes 2 car lenghths behind yes i think he was trying
this is what i mean ppl think some commos are slow but not all

MBS206

Reaction score
not all commos are slow dude
i have outlaunched aquit a few stock i do repeat stock wrxs (not brand new stis either) but they dont launch that hard and yes at 180 km's and hes 2 car lenghths behind yes i think he was trying
this is what i mean ppl think some commos are slow but not all
7000RPM clutch dump is launching a WRX, not slipping the clutch with 2500RPM up it.

Seriously, drop the clutch, at redline, and watch the monkey go.

My mates GTR launches at 4000RPM and spins all 4s, and can only be kept up with by either other AWD, or those with semi slicks/full slicks.

A supercharged V6 with 2.8PSi will not out do something that comes from the factory running 13 second 1/4s with a proper driver.

VIPVT

Reaction score
A super charged stock v6 will never out launch a wrx who has a decent driver behind it, end of story.

chirping2nd

Reaction score
neutral drop, wonder if there auto boxes are a bad as there manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.