Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBS206

Reaction score
:rofl: lol^^^^^ i can find a heap of quick cars from u tube and say there my mates lol and if raced a heap of camed ls1's and hav beaten them with your i think it will run a 13.5 skyline i got something to tell ya mate they werent race you:rofl:

Come down and join us at his workshop one day then?

al99

Reaction score
MBS206 theres no point in arguing as its just going to go around in circles.
Youve had your say and i commend ur maturity and keeping your cool:thumbsup:
Why do u guys flame jap cars anyway?
A 10 second skyline is a quick car, same as a 10 second falcon or commodore:bow:
Now my personal belief is a a stock auto wrx no matter the year will cane a stock auto/manual vn/vp v6-v8 over the 1/4.
if u disagree im sorry :)

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
Geez, let this thread die......

Skylines and WRX's and LS1's are all about the same, in stock form - they all run low to mid 14's 0-400m (stock VN Commodores are much slower, launch smaunch). All of them can be tweaked to make plenty of power and go much faster - how much faster is entirely up to the amount of money thrown at them. There are plenty of WRX's running 10's, and heaps of Skylines and Commodores that do the same.

Now kiss and make up!

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
MBS206 theres no point in arguing as its just going to go around in circles.
Youve had your say and i commend ur maturity and keeping your cool:thumbsup:
Why do u guys flame jap cars anyway?
A 10 second skyline is a quick car, same as a 10 second falcon or commodore:bow:
Now my personal belief is a a stock auto wrx no matter the year will cane a stock auto/manual vn/vp v6-v8 over the 1/4.
if u disagree im sorry :)

This is the only argument I was debating, but seeing as a few people don't like sticking on topic I see it's useless, plus I realise a WRX, even with a great take off, might not beat the VN/VP down the quarter it would get a better take off though. I am talking about pre-bug eye shape WRX's too, like up to '99 etc.

I'm an apprentice at a Subaru dealer, and I'm pretty convinced they're a solid car overall, not perfect - but a nice all rounder. I can also say I have no brand bias as I've loved Holden's from day 1. But Holden can't get absolutely everything right and perfect and flawless.

I think this topic has arisen a few times around these forums and it's getting pretty tired seeing it's the same arguments over and over. I agree about people taking off their blinkers and opening their eyes sometimes.

Haha, I just realised how off topic this thread got!!! Oh well, it's all fun.

al99

Reaction score
Ok i was at the opinion a auto wrx would do 14's or maybe 15's down the 1/4.
Wouldnt a vn/vp v6 be in the 16 second bracket? and at best 15 seconds for a v8? I havent driven a auto wrx but i assume with a auto u hold the brake and rev to 3000rpm and away u go?
If in wrong then i apoligise :)

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
I'm not sure who would win down th 1/4 but I was saying that a WRX would more than likely have a much better take off compared to a VN/VP.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ran the 10.8 at WSID.

Motor has been pulled out, and fully rebuilt.
One of those links above I think may actually show the dyno run of the new motor (757RWHP)

Unsure how many times it came back after the 10.8, but it was there a bit.

As for me comparing my car to a commodore, and it's never hit the strip, what about your guys cars comparing theres to a WRX etc, and they've never ran the strip?

And don't go insulting on peoples choices in cars, I haven't called a Commodore crap. I quite liked them, I had one, I was going to do it up, but how much it was going to cost, it was cheaper to head into an import, and end up faster for the same $$$

I only wondered back in here as I'm looking at selling my ute and picking up another commo as a daily driver, and had a look in here, and couldn't beleive people thought they could out launch a WRX...
Then look, try and say something against a commodore, your shot down in flames. You guys need to take your blinkers off, and go out and jump in a few nice imports and give them a flogging. You might come to realise your big V8s and V6 aren't the be all and end all (And no, I'm not saying my Skyline is either) but seriously, I'd rather be able to sport around in a 400HP car, that returns stock fuel consumption when not being killed.
I'd love to see a cammed 355 etc do that.

And as a note, I haven't had a single commodore that I've come across, manage to get infront of me yet.

So i presume the skyline is caged then?

Anyways, my SS is cammed, putting out 340 rwkw. I'd love to see an NA skyline put that out with the amount of money i have spent.

As for taking blinkers off, i have driven everything from an Evo 9 to an STi wrx to a 545i 2006 BMW, they arent my style of car, however, that being said, most owners of these cars do not gloat about beating an NA stock commodore.

As for not being beaten by a commodore, have you stopped to think these people may value their licence and not race ont he street like a tool? I quite often get idiots in jap **** trying to race me off the lights while i sit their and idle off happily only to have them at the next set of lights tell me how great they are. Its people like this and yourself that give imports a bad name.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ok i was at the opinion a auto wrx would do 14's or maybe 15's down the 1/4.
Wouldnt a vn/vp v6 be in the 16 second bracket? and at best 15 seconds for a v8? I havent driven a auto wrx but i assume with a auto u hold the brake and rev to 3000rpm and away u go?
If in wrong then i apoligise :)

The argument was never who would do the quarter mile quickest. For the record, a VN V6 does a 15.6 second quarter mile from the factory, 8.0 seconds 0-100 factory stats and many have done quicker than that, even now in stock form.

The argument was about launch, and I still say a VN V6 will take a WRX to probably 30. 92% of max torque from just 1200rpm is an incredible figure, and even without AWD grip, a VN launches pretty hard off the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.