Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ek ute dial up beware picture heavy

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha yeah you will get power on both sides of the injectors .the ecu earths them to fire them.pretty much as long as you have all the earths and 2 continous power feeds to the ecu and switched power to the pink it should go

lighty82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Off-Road Race Car
All fired up, she runs like a dream. Had a wrong power feed hooked up to the computer.

All go now!

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
started doing the fuel tank this week.
then decided i need to do the diff so i can ensure good clearences. so i did the diff today.
old diff after i cut the saddles from it.
vndiffinek003.jpg

dont worry about the ubolts i will use correct length ones once i have painted.
vndiffinek007.jpg

view of the drivers side off the diff.
vndiffinek006.jpg

view of the drivers side too show where the wheels stay in and dont come out past the guards. i will be using other wheels when i put it on the road.
vndiffinek004.jpg

back to the fuel tank tommorow.
cheers shane

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
lookin good man .... are you planning to cut the diff down ?

no, i dont think there will be any need to.
once i do the tank and floor i will put some wieght in it to see how far it comes down to see if the guards will hit the tyres.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i'll be very suprised if you don't need to, i had to cut something like 110mm out of my diff!

having said that, if thats a vl diff it will be narrower to start with, but its not that much different to a vn diff.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
when i first got the vn diff i measured the difference it was about 75 mm. so i just figured i would get rims with an offset if needed.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
havent done much over the last couple of weeks, been too busy at work and its been too cold after work. Have got the pet tank mounted and made some new panels and welded them in.
i also put hq front hubs on so i couls have vn wheels on the front as well.
have to start the serious end now. have to measure the vn floor and the length from engine mount to tranny x member so i can start to mount the floor and weld it in.
pic of tank sitting in place, am thinking of putting the filler where the spare tyre door was.the original is just to the left of the tank hole just behind the wheel well.
vndiffinek022.jpg

underside of the rear chassis x rail with all the panels welded in, there is 3 layers of steel.
vndiffinek025.jpg

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
you should be careful using hq hubs as the offset of the studs is actually different to commodore ..... the studs will bend when tighhtened up and eventually snap off!!

if you want to run commodore wheels you should be using a commodore hub!