Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Folding Mirrors

Gunsmoke125

Reaction score
Website
drivinginjapan.blogspot.com
Members Ride
2007 Holden Commodore VE SS-V
Hi all,
I am looking for Electric folding mirrors for my SSV-VE. I live in Japan, and there are many narrow streets, and parking spaces are extremely narrow. All Japanese vehicles have electric folding mirrors for this reason, and so do all the European imports. Does anyone know of electric folding mirrors for the VE range? I know that the statesman that Holden was exporting to China had electronic folding mirrors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Your not going to even fit a VE in those tight spaces, even if you had folding mirrors... :p

Also if you had to fold ur mirrors to get into the parking bay.. May I ask.. How do u plan on getting out of the car?

Gunsmoke125

Reaction score
Website
drivinginjapan.blogspot.com
Members Ride
2007 Holden Commodore VE SS-V
Your not going to even fit a VE in those tight spaces, even if you had folding mirrors... :p
You will be supprised at the superior driving skills I possess..lol. Kidding, it's a scary process!

Also if you had to fold ur mirrors to get into the parking bay.. May I ask.. How do u plan on getting out of the car?
Very very very carefully.

Seriously though
I fold the mirrors so that people don't take them off when they reverse in or out. Remember that Japanese in general aren't fat people so they can squeeze out of a car in a tight park without too much trouble. Folding the mirrors just makes it that little bit easier to squeeze between the cars. Also the automatic carparks (the ones that lift your car into a carosel) require that you fold your mirrors in so they don't get knocked off when the car is being moved through the revolving carosel.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Man, I'd hate to drive my car there, i avoid tight spaces even here, and my back end usually sticks out. Don't really want to knock into the concrete barriers. So i could not even imagine how you would feel man. Try contacting one of the dealers here in AU, or even an auto electrician. I'm sure they could modify the mirrors to fit a small motor in there.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Does the VE get much attention in Japan and how are your fuel prices?