Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

electrical challenges vp

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only thing I would add is make sure you have the little plastic extensions where the eye of the actuator hooks on to the lock mechanism. I had to make some because the metal hooks on their own are not long enough and the eye can jump off.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
update: i pulled mirror switch out and tested plug on loom to see whether there was any power output....nothing. i checked to see if cruise control would switch on....nothing there either. i believe that these are on the same circuit. if fuse is alright, where should i start looking? (i do plan to disassemble the mirror switch and clean and lubricate it). i will get to the licking later.. .

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
got power to pink wire that mirror switch plugs into and i have dissassembled and cleaned 2 switches with no success. in fact, i have blown the mirror fuse twice.... should there be power to more than the pink wire in that loom? do the mirror motors fail? the car has sat outdoors for 2 years unloved...

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks fxt. i double checked all wiring, cleaned all contacts, rebuilt switch #4, lubricated mirror motors, replaced fuse and 'voila'.....mirrors work. i did have some spare mirrors on standby but they were off a vs. interestingly, vp mirrors have 3 wires on a long lead and vs have 4 wires on a short one. i'm not even gonna try and work rhat one out....

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
back to locking again. security switch in door is set to 'off'. new battery in remote. absolutely no action from locks at all. if i insert key into driver's lock, it manually unlocks front doors together and rear locks make noise but do nothing....

suggestions?

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Check your remote, especially the battery prongs, on mine one had broken the solder joint.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
should i turn the security off?

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
put two new actuators in rear. all 4 work by using key in lock. I will address remote inoperability later.