Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ENGINE light, ABS light, TRAC OFF light AIRBAG light and OIL light

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
@Joelene I know it's been a while since this post but does it fix the issue by just changing the regulator? My symptoms are as below;
ABS light comes on then after 10 or so seconds the trac off, low track, airbag and oil light came on followed by the temp gauge stop working. Also it beeped a fine tune twice. Then after about 30 mins of driving the temp gauge started working and all but the check engine light and trac off light remained. I stopped the car and after 10 mins or so started and no more lights or warnings. Does this sound like the regulator to you? Also the cluster window shows a voltage of about 13.5v @ 2000 rpm. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
scbh81 sounds more like your abs module than regulator
if voltage was above 15v then regulator
13.5v is low which doesnt trigger these problems

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
Thanks so much @lout
Could it be that the regulator threw it out when it gave those errors at the start and then moved to 13.5v? I also noticed that battery before I start in the morning is around 11.9-12.2? Maybe it's the regulator not allowing the battery to charge? Could this be possible?
Also is there a way to test the regulator?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
to test regulator
you can use your cluster window voltage
key on engine off battery should be around 12v, which yours is. a little low but not too bad
engine running between 13.2v and 14.4v which yours is
if severely above or below with engine running indicates alternator problem
to diagnose abs you unplug the module and see if most of your symptoms go away

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
Hi @lout The symptoms came back again and this time while the engine was idling i disconnected the ABS. The oil and airbag light came off but the engine light, ABS, Trac off and Low Trac came on, the fan was still running at a 100 miles. Does this confirm its an ABS module fault? Or do all the lights and fan need to turn off when i disconnected it while running?
Now i have disconnected, I restarted the car and only the ABS, Trac Off and Low Trac lights are ON. Should i drive around with it disconnected and see if other lights come ON again? Is this a good way to isolate the issue?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like abs, as the oil and airbag went out
never disconnect an electrical item when running as you can spike things big time

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I restarted the car and only the ABS, Trac Off and Low Trac lights are ON. Should i drive around with it disconnected

We have been for a year. We realise this means we don't have trac or ABS, but if the ABS plug is connected then all sorts of electrical system gremlins appear.
We bought a replacement ABS module, but also researched the reason for this fault. They designed a failure point, the aluminium wire (two of them) that breaks.