Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ENGINE light, ABS light, TRAC OFF light AIRBAG light and OIL light

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
We have been for a year. We realise this means we don't have trac or ABS, but if the ABS plug is connected then all sorts of electrical system gremlins appear.
We bought a replacement ABS module, but also researched the reason for this fault. They designed a failure point, the aluminium wire (two of them) that breaks.

Yes thats a shame. I have ordered a lifetime warranty repaired one from Ebay. See below link. Hopefully that should do the trick.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VT-VX-V...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Joelene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
@Joelene I know it's been a while since this post but does it fix the issue by just changing the regulator? My symptoms are as below;
ABS light comes on then after 10 or so seconds the trac off, low track, airbag and oil light came on followed by the temp gauge stop working. Also it beeped a fine tune twice. Then after about 30 mins of driving the temp gauge started working and all but the check engine light and trac off light remained. I stopped the car and after 10 mins or so started and no more lights or warnings. Does this sound like the regulator to you? Also the cluster window shows a voltage of about 13.5v @ 2000 rpm. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Sorry didn't see this reply till now. Yes changing the voltage regulator fixed all the dash light issues. The voltage regulator is the common point for all the instruments as it is feeding them as the power source. When the regulator goes haywire the voltage goes all over the place but it is intermittant so you may well see normal voltages in the diagnostic mode.
If you start changing modules all over the place and particularly the ABS module you are just wasting your money. Mine had the ABS light coming up as well.
Fix the alternator regulator.