Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhausted

What exhaust?

• Total voters

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hey everyone

I have a series 1 SSV Redline sedan manual & am looking at exhaust upgrades but struggling to choose which one...

Wanting to get 1 7/8 headers with full 3 inch system & high flow cats in stainless finish.

I want to it sound nice & deep as well as be loud like a V8 should...

Budget is around $2500

I’ve been looking in to Xforce but have heard mixed results for them,

Others have suggested DPE (if I can get my hands on them in time, might be willing to spend the extra $$$ to get them) hurricane, manta & just recently magnaflow

I’ve had a magnaflow on a previous ride & was pretty happy with the result & sound, obviously not a big selection range for the VF like other brands, anyone else had magnaflow on their VF?

Cheers
Exhausts are like arseholes everyone has one. Personally keep away from x force just not the deep v8 rumble I like. I like the early vf dpe sound later systems are a bit not so v8 rumble for some reason. For that budget look for 2nd hand heaps do come up on Gumtree etc,. I paid 4k for my 3"kpm system on my ve ute my vf kpm cost me $1900 from gum tree. Nice v8 rumble at idle sounds like a v8 supercar on hard pedal and on cruise has nice note no drone.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Exhausts are like arseholes everyone has one. Personally keep away from x force just not the deep v8 rumble I like. I like the early vf dpe sound later systems are a bit not so v8 rumble for some reason. For that budget look for 2nd hand heaps do come up on Gumtree etc,. I paid 4k for my 3"kpm system on my ve ute my vf kpm cost me $1900 from gum tree. Nice v8 rumble at idle sounds like a v8 supercar on hard pedal and on cruise has nice note no drone.
oh come on definitely need a filum

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
***Attention everyone***
As we are one of Victoria’s biggest DPE exhaust resellers we are pleased to say,
Let’s put all the rumors aside,
DPE( Difilippo Performance Exhaust ) is NOT closing down.
It has been bought out by Manta Performance. They are located in W.A but they will be producing the DPE exhaust system over here in Melton Victoria, out of the same factory as what Darren and the boys were, just under the Manta name

It will be the same product / sound / performance / quality as what it was when Darren was in charge.

We have been talking with the new owners Daniel and Edward and we can confirm that everything is full steam ahead and production is on the go.
Our pricing for the exhaust systems will also stay as it was and there will NOT be any price increase.

Anyone that was after and still wants a DPE / Manta exhaust system PM us and we can price you up and take bookings.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
***Attention everyone***
As we are one of Victoria’s biggest DPE exhaust resellers we are pleased to say,
Let’s put all the rumors aside,
DPE( Difilippo Performance Exhaust ) is NOT closing down.
It has been bought out by Manta Performance. They are located in W.A but they will be producing the DPE exhaust system over here in Melton Victoria, out of the same factory as what Darren and the boys were, just under the Manta name

It will be the same product / sound / performance / quality as what it was when Darren was in charge.

We have been talking with the new owners Daniel and Edward and we can confirm that everything is full steam ahead and production is on the go.
Our pricing for the exhaust systems will also stay as it was and there will NOT be any price increase.

Anyone that was after and still wants a DPE / Manta exhaust system PM us and we can price you up and take bookings.

This is from C&A Auto in Melbourne by the way, where I got my 385kw pack done.

Paul Laska

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
This is from C&A Auto in Melbourne by the way, where I got my 385kw pack done.

Yea I contacted C&A today looks like they will get the nod, going for a DPE 3” cat back exhaust, OTR & tune for now...