Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhausted

What exhaust?

• Total voters

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Thanks guys, I know JHP have DPE in stock but not sure how many, don’t know if it’s worth getting a cat back exhaust for now & getting the extractors later on.
I’ll check out extracted performance too see what they have to offer...

Pros / cons going with a custom made exhaust instead of an off the shelf item
Well according to some the try y design is the best for NA LSX.

With a custom exhaust you can do what you want and try what others have researched.

You could go equal length headers, resonator and no muffler dumped at 40mm past the rearmost window for max loudness. See I didnt mention Cats.

Look into 180 degree headers as well for custom sound that youll probably never see on another car. Can make your american crossplane crank sound like a european flatplane crank where the exhaust sounds perfectly seperated rather than rapid then delayed.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I put in an order for a dpe system for the ute before they closed, went with the 1-7/8+3in system, was 3600. Dpe systems have the best note by far in my opinion.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
If sound is your main concern, plus to save a bit of coin, why not just stick to a catback for now ? Headers will you minimal power power gain, plus you'd need a tune as well

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
I had hurricane 1&7/8th headers , 200 CPI cats & duel 3 inch on my Ve clubby. It was obnoxiously loud which was just right for my liking. Cost me $2400 delivered but that was in mild steel. Needs a tune to get the lambda sensors working correctly & turn the check engine light off. Now I have the vf2 redline I'm interested in a cat back purely for the noise so very interested in the results of this thread.

Paul Laska

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
I had hurricane 1&7/8th headers , 200 CPI cats & duel 3 inch on my Ve clubby. It was obnoxiously loud which was just right for my liking. Cost me $2400 delivered but that was in mild steel. Needs a tune to get the lambda sensors working correctly & turn the check engine light off. Now I have the vf2 redline I'm interested in a cat back purely for the noise so very interested in the results of this thread.
I got a quote from Hurricane exhausts for 17/8 headers, 3” full exhaust system & hi flow cats fitted $3025 but doesn’t include tune

I want sound as well as performance, nothing too outrageous as it’s a daily driver

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I got a quote from Hurricane exhausts for 17/8 headers, 3” full exhaust system & hi flow cats fitted $3025 but doesn’t include tune

I want sound as well as performance, nothing too outrageous as it’s a daily driver

When it comes to performance it doesn't matter what brand you buy as they are all much the same, the only difference is their sound.

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv

I fit the system myself so you can save a fair few dollars by doing it yourself. I had my tune done once the blower went on so I didn't have to pay twice for a tune. You can add $1000 to the price for a tune. That's why I'm going cat back this time, costs way less & no hassles getting tune done. Just bolt on & enjoy the sound

Paul Laska

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
Don’t you need a tune with cat back system as well?
Thinking might do cat back DPE exhaust with OTR for now...
May fit headers later on if I do cam upgrade

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Don’t you need a tune with cat back system as well?

generally speaking performance comes from header and cat swap, sound comes from catback swap.

there is of course room for improvement on any stock tune, but at $1000 a tune, there is probably little cost benefit for the gain on a cat back only.