Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Farad Capacitors

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
that isn't low :p I have no doubt mines been in the 10's... but, ignorance is bliss... :idea:

Yeh I figured that it was fine seeing as my car wasn't running the battery flat but it pays to check. If the cars not running it can run the battery flat in about five minutes XD

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
What setup have you got? Do the big 3 and go from there.

+1 to first upgrading the “Big 3”.

As said previously, caps are a band-aid solution. I think off the top of my head, the OEM grounds are 8 gauge...

From the specs provided by the OP, 4 gauge would be the minimum sized wire you’d use (seeing the OP has used 4 gauge as the main power wiring, and hopefully the ground wire to the sub as well!).

4 gauge costs roughly $9/m from Supercheap (Aeropro brand). Alternatively, you may have a meter or 2 of 4 gauge left over from your install. No harm in going 2 or 0 gauge; it will just cost more. You can grab 2 or 0 gauge from Jaycar.

Also consider how you’ll be making the various connections: You may need to upgrade the battery terminals to accept 4/2/0 gauge...

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I have seen at super cheap some battery clamps with holes and grub srew to secure the wire. I think I might do that. Dont think they are big enough for 2 or 0 gauge wire though lol

Paulid92

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VU SS Series 2 5.7 6sp manual
Jonah, my mate had those ones. They are crap. We were cruzing along doing 80kmh, wire came out, engine cut out and all electrics. Spend a bit more money on the battery clamp.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I have seen at super cheap some battery clamps with holes and grub srew to secure the wire. I think I might do that. Dont think they are big enough for 2 or 0 gauge wire though lol

maybe get something like this?

81CgL.jpg

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Yeh maybe I will get one if those basic ones. there like 5 bucks arnt they lol?

Thanks for the heads up, im starting to dislike super cheap more and more. and repco,

BNT FTW!!

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Yeh maybe I will get one if those basic ones. there like 5 bucks arnt they lol?

Thanks for the heads up, im starting to dislike super cheap more and more. and repco,

BNT FTW!!

the one i got is $18 form supercheap but its a heavy duty one, seems to do the job for me