Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car for a girl

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
no more than 130kw per tonne for a turbo.. thats for commercial turbodiesels, so apprentices can drive the work ute :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Coz they're ugly... ?

I dont know mate, none of the rules make any sense at all. I can show you a 2.4L V8 with 550hp, or a 4.1L straight six with 300hp, or a turbodiesel 4L with 250hp.. V8, 6, engine capacity, turbo, makes no difference. Small non turbo engines can make big power too.

The only sensible measuring stick is power to weight ratio, but thats the one measure that is used the least.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Coz they're ugly... ?

I dont know mate, none of the rules make any sense at all. I can show you a 2.4L V8 with 550hp, or a 4.1L straight six with 300hp, or a turbodiesel 4L with 250hp.. V8, 6, engine capacity, turbo, makes no difference. Small non turbo engines can make big power too.

The only sensible measuring stick is power to weight ratio, but thats the one measure that is used the least.

It also means that a P Plater could drive the non-supercharged Lotus', most of which are 0-100 in less than 5 seconds.

seza88

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VZ MY06
I had a toyota camry as my first car (though was a 1990 lol), was super fuel efficient and extremely reliable.... only got retired cos my brother made it unroadworthy with damage(a year ago) but it still ran!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just an update, ended up finding a nice 2005 Hyundai Sonata NF Elite 3.3l V6 for sale, amazing condition, leather interior, service history, alloys, new tyres, 6 air bags, 3 month warranty and all that for $6900 drive away. Drives really well and quite powerful for a V6, makes more power per litre than the equivalent commodore of that year.

Main thing is it's not a deathtrap, I convinced her to get something a bit bigger.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the word hyundai in translation to english means 'death trap'

So the 4 star ANCAP rating on the Sonata he just bought is inferior to the 4 star rating on your Evo 8?

PleaseExplain.jpg

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Not mine by choice. It's a work car. I feel very vulnerable in it to and from work. We are all pushing to get a bigger car next round.
You don't work for your City Council by chance , they are the car of choice in NZ for Council office staff , well they are in my District .