Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First VL and first project :)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Were you using your bonnet as a work bench to spray the cover on...

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Executive Commodore
Were you using your bonnet as a work bench to spray the cover on...

Lol, no i was using the bonnet of the parts car as a work bench to spray it on (As i don't need it because my bonnet is fine and that ones rusted and no good).

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Lol, no i was using the bonnet of the parts car as a work bench to spray it on (As i don't need it because my bonnet is fine and that ones rusted and no good).
Was going to say.... Bit of a gamble on that one!

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Recently i decided to change a couple housings as they were in bad shape. Here's a pic of the old ones.. eek!
2v8i9f5.jpg

I took the housings off the parts car as they were in great condition, but ofcourse i cleaned them up a bit before putting them on. Here's a couple pics of them on. Sorry for the poor quality pics.
drfrbk.jpg

2ltcft.jpg

Apart from that i've put new CAS in, New CTS, New O2 Sensor, New platinum plugs, New 8mm Top gun leads, New external fuel pump, New fuel filter and coolant flush. At the moment i'm in the process of taking the head off the parts car and sending it to be ported and polished.

Last edited:

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Excellent work.. But u don't hone a head. That's for the bores on the block..
Get the head ported and polished and machined before install.. Keep up the good work

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Excellent work.. But u don't hone a head. That's for the bores on the block..
Get the head ported and polished and machined before install.. Keep up the good work

Forgive my incorrect terminology. I know what i mean, does that count? LOL. Let me rephrase, i'm taking the head off and getting it ported, polished and crack tested. Then getting the block bored, honed and chemically cleaned. Did i make any more sense this time? Lol!

Last edited:

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Excellent heheh. Yes. Won't need to crack test the block.. The head you can for piece of mind.. R u getting it ready for a turbo install down the track.. Or just a freshen up of the motor?

GirlwiththeVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Excellent heheh. Yes. Won't need to crack test the block.. The head you can for piece of mind.. R u getting it ready for a turbo install down the track.. Or just a freshen up of the motor?

Lol thanks :). I'm not 100% sure.. Im thinking i won't turbo it. I want to be different. Lol.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Lol thanks :). I'm not 100% sure.. Im thinking i won't turbo it. I want to be different. Lol.

DO IT. Seriously lol, it's awesome, every time I drive it I have a smile from ear to ear, and that flutter, man it's good