Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First ZB I've seen in the second hand market

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Looks very high for base model and crazily high kms, as well as non-standard wheels with non-standard suspension and unknown quality tyres. Still have to pay stamp duty etc. Must be Perth prices. How much is a new one? (edit) Holden site shows $35990 drive away in Perth, with low rate finance. Add back in $550 for Cosmic Grey paint and take away any dealer discount. Doesn't make semse.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I dunno if that is a 'good price' or not. Could be a bargain, or a rip-off, with no previous sales as a guide.
I also reckon it would be an ex-rental, tarted up to look like a bargain,

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Holden should grab it, take it off the market. Have good look at how second hand examples like these will affect the value of the model.

Are those kms real and how did the car handle those real world kms, look at the fabric on driver's seat and other interior surfaces for wear and tear, etc. Does the fabric need to be respecified before the next order from Opel.

Last edited:

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
God they are hideous.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I dunno if that is a 'good price' or not. Could be a bargain, or a rip-off, with no previous sales as a guide.
I also reckon it would be an ex-rental, tarted up to look like a bargain,
It may be priced high (edit) due to lack of "similar" product on the market.

Last edited:

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
God they are hideous.

Out of curiosity, what makes them "hideous" to you? It's an honest question, not having a go or anything. My biggest problem with it is that it 'looks' like a front-wheel-drive car, whereas the VE-VF didn't. What makes a car 'look' FWD? Almost all FWD cars have a lot of metal under the bonnet, most of it either directly over the front axle line or in front of it, meaning low front overhangs are almost impossible to achieve. Low overhangs make a car look 'fit' for lack of a better word. I'm not sold on the hatchback either but I don't mind it. The front end is OK on some angles and awkward from others. Having said that, there's a lot about VF that I don't love either... interior design reminds me of Cruze-meets-Hyundai and is ageing badly and the back end is unresolved, but that's another discussion...

I do like the colour of this ZB though.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I believe that successful design starts with the grille and in the case of the ZB, it lacks identity. It has no definite form or features. It has a generic GM outline but the infill is fussy and unattractive.

The basic shape of the car overall is acceptable but with the multitude of aerodynamic, flowing body shapes coming out of Europe and Asia, how do designers create unique shapes? However, I can't call it ugly. Reasonable in the right colour, nondescript in others. A boring colour palette doesnt help, either.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
. Reasonable in the right colour, nondescript in others. A boring colour palette doesnt help, either.

Off topic, but if some imaginative photo-shoppers could post some ZBs in brighter colours (new thread) so we could see what it may look like, and with a better 'Holden' grille with no wings, it might even look 'exiting and appalling'..... I meant 'exciting and apppealing'.