Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Hey Guys,
I’ve recently gotten my 2012 Sv6 VE LFX Cammed (No V8 comments thanks), and have been careful not to floor the car til the cams have broken in.
My question is, Is it okay to floor the car, let’s say 0-100km/hr on sports mode, and how often can I do this. Just in general is flooring bad or good? Can oil lubrication/coolant keep up with the demand during the flooring. Seen some info saying it’s good Cus it cleans carbon but as long as it’s not often. And does this affect the brand new timing chains.
Car is brand new, has full service history, engine is clean.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Who told you the cams need breaking in? Only flat tappet cams need a quick break in procedure, floor away and enjoy. Most engines are designed and tuned to limit your ability to break them by tickling the redline

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Who told you the cams need breaking in? Only flat tappet cams need a quick break in procedure, floor away and enjoy. Most engines are designed and tuned to limit your ability to break them by tickling the redline
These are 210/210 Mace Cams for the LFX, dunno if they’re roller or Tippet cams ahaha. Right, and u mentioned redline, would the tuner have changed that redline limiter due to the new cams? (Redline brought lower due to cams having lower limit?)

Cheers

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
LFX doesn't have rollers, it's a flat tappet style, my point is all the breaking in was done by your installer in the first minutes of its life. You'd have to ask your tuner that question, I doubt they would have reduced it

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Any idea how much gains you got from the cams?

Last edited:

Adeel123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 VE
Wow, that is seriously impressive!! Is it auto or manual? That would have to be around or a bit over 400hp at the flywheel. What were the dyno figures beforehand?
Look man, the tuner really didn’t give me much at all! Just a photo of the power, not even torque.

Attachments

• 4DCD2210-7901-4106-A92B-67FD7479C580.jpeg
    4DCD2210-7901-4106-A92B-67FD7479C580.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 124

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Look man, the tuner really didn’t give me much at all! Just a photo of the power, not even torque.
What is the faint flatter line below? I have mine going in for an OTR, high flow cats and a 95 tune next Tuesday. Am curious to see how much gains I get. Do you run yours on 98?

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
What is the faint flatter line below? I have mine going in for an OTR, high flow cats and a 95 tune next Tuesday. Am curious to see how much gains I get. Do you run yours on 98?
Looks a little low to be a Torque readout but it does have me curious as well :oops: