Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Focal 165KR yay or nay?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Ye. Think they abit out of my price range :(

In all honesty. I would just go the Focal Access 1's. Cheap for splits but paired with a decent amp there is no real issues. You do have a 2 door car so it will be loud enough.

spxdsn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec Wagon, 02 VX Calais
yeah retail is $1099, got em for $950. Still pretty expensive, but i love them.. haha

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
have a look at crescendo, gettin good rep on sites, sumone won a SQ comp with a set of 7" i think they were

6.9", almost 7 :) Crescendo is awesome but a little more difficult to install. If you have the ability to properly install them the results can be great.

Recon I'd notice a difference from 200rms to 80rms? how loud is 4.5dB difference?

Do keep in mind theres also efficiency that has to be kept in mind.

Anyway onto what I wanted to say.

Since your in Perth go visit xMplar and say I sent you.
Xmplar Distribution

Have a listen to some AD splits and see how you like them :D

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
6.9", almost 7 :) Crescendo is awesome but a little more difficult to install. If you have the ability to properly install them the results can be great.

Do keep in mind theres also efficiency that has to be kept in mind.

Anyway onto what I wanted to say.

Since your in Perth go visit xMplar and say I sent you.
Xmplar Distribution

Have a listen to some AD splits and see how you like them :D

Haha. I was waiting for you to post something. THERES A xMplar dude in PERTH?! does he have subs? before I brought my MR2 I wanted a 15" xMplar for my VS Calais, but I didn't wan buy anything before I heard them. My GF has my old Hifonic Olympus 2412 (2400 12") in her car. I was thinking of getting some xMplar for my MR2, just wasn't sure what would fit in there :S

Currently there's 2x 10" Alpine Type S. But was thinking of removing the centre glove box and making a box across the whole lot. I'm sure those subs need some decent box space.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Yeah he should have plenty of stuff lying around, super busy time at the moment so I will need to call him up before hand to make sure stuff is there for you. The Mosconi stuff and a bunch of other brands which I can't mention or sell online have taken a lot of his time. Either way, I'll talk to him later tonight or so and find out what he has available for demo. If you call him just let him know that "Joe from Shopping Secure" gave you the contact and your from "The Commodore Forum" :p

Anyway, lets see how you go, call him tomorrow a little earlier and just see if you can arrange an appointment.