Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum_Lurker's VFII Redline

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Look great enjoy it . i hope you got what you needed from bunnings

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Open the valve then disconnect the switch that controls it. Also drop it on its guts, will looks great and if you do it properly will drive nicely too.
looks bloody nice mate! shmick as ride!!!... Definitely lower it, coilovers if u can afford them :)

Definitely thinking about lowering it. I'm just wondering if anyone has lowered a VFII redline yet because the I think that there was a slight revision between the VFI and the VFII and I'm too chicken **** to be the guinea pig.

In the boot next to the battery is a small fuse box, thats where you'll find the fuse that controls the bimodal, just pull it out. Valves will stay open.
Car looks great, I'm thinking about doing mine the exact same, just undecided on the black lip spoiler, or body colour.

I know this was done and tested on the GenF HSV cars, but I'm not sure if the VFII Holden V8s are the same. Though I'm willing to give it a shot. I might pull out relay R10 in the boot out later in the week to see what happens. I'll report back, as I'm sure other VFII V8 owners would probably be interested.

Looks fantastic, my favorite color combo for a VF2 SSV Redline.

Thanks, I must thank the other lads on this site who lead the way with the VFI commodores with the same colour combos!

Welcome the awesome White brigade with black out kits :)
Damnnn it looks good. Im so jealous.... Exactly what i'd get if I could get a VF2. Drop it, Black lip, Blackout kits, Black roof, Black badges all around.
Thanks Ralph80 and We44pn, I actually gained inspiration from you. :D

Look great enjoy it . i hope you got what you needed from bunnings
LOL, thanks. Yeah, I did get what I was after from Bunnings. My toilet's cistern inlet was leaking and I had it sorted thanks to Bunnings.

Wannabe Nomads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
You can turn the bi-modal on and off in the configuration setting function on the multifunction centre screen. Just scroll through the menu..you'll find it...easy as..no need to remove or disconnect anything.
Ours in on order for delivery mid February :)

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
The setting only allows the bimodal to be turned on and off.

When set to on, the bimodal valve isn't "open" all the time, it only opens when you put foot down.

Removing the fuse "should" keep this valve from closing to keep the sound going all the time.

Although, I've read elsewhere that this doesn't work on the s2.

Interested to know myself as I have an s2 redline and would been keen on having it open all the time.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The setting only allows the bimodal to be turned on and off.

When set to on, the bimodal valve isn't "open" all the time, it only opens when you put foot down.

Removing the fuse "should" keep this valve from closing to keep the sound going all the time.

Although, I've read elsewhere that this doesn't work on the s2.

Interested to know myself as I have an s2 redline and would been keen on having it open all the time.

If you've got an S2 pull the fuse out and you'll soon find out haha.
But it will work.

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I pulled the r10 relay and I don't know what the go was but it didn't work. The bimodal still worked as it should. So I put it back in.

Today, I retook out the relay and now the valve stays open all the time :)

You get the exhaust sound from 1-3k rpm as well now.

very good :)

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I pulled the r10 relay and I don't know what the go was but it didn't work. The bimodal still worked as it should. So I put it back in.

Good work mate - any chance you could post up a couple of pics letting us know which one and where etc?

I've just ordered my first holden (VF2 Redline Manual) and would love to have it growling straight out of the box :boxing:

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore

Ohhhhhhh very interesting!
Good work mate - any chance you could post up a couple of pics letting us know which one and where etc?

I've just ordered my first holden (VF2 Redline Manual) and would love to have it growling straight out of the box :boxing:
Yeah, a pic would be great. I'll put it out tonight or tomorrow morning!