Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Found this in the oil

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Guessing that's from cranking or running with no oil pressure on start up....pull it down & check again.

Ls can have low or no oil pressure wrong or incorrectly fitted o ring apparently a common thing.Few other things like barbell at rear or some claim need to fit oil pump with 3 feeler gauges...most likely missed something simple.

Been told if remove alternator there is bolt on side can prime oil system before startup.Never had an issue

Last bunch of ls engines I messed with were cheap clappers pre covid prices so I've never bothered doing them properly or cared unless it was 304/355 motor....those mofo's would bite in the butt because I'd put in 110% & double check everything lol.

Westend Performance.
Warspeed.
APM

^^ more like performance shops but heard decent things about them....if they're good expect decent waiting time before they can get around to your engine.

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
I found the issue, took the camshaft retainer off and gasket was flat and had oil all around it, dropped the sump again checked the bearings and they actually seem okay no damage on the crank small damage to the Conrod bearings doe sent seem too bad

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bearings are cheap if the crank doesn't have metal transfer throw on some new ones.

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Bearings are cheap if the crank doesn't have metal transfer throw on some new ones.
Yeah sounds good thanks for the help I’m looking into some rebuild engines so I might just whack some in and see what’s out there