Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Chin Lip Spoiler

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Hi guys

I just found my front lip spoiler hanging off the car. For the life of me I have no idea what is called so I might be naming it incorrectly.

Basically is a thin plastic bit that hangs off the front bumper (see pics).

Does anyone know where I can get one of these (whatever they're called) ?

VF2 Calais V LS3

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230210_165334.jpg
    20230210_165334.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20230210_165351.jpg
    20230210_165351.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 137

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hmmm ... I'm not totally sure, but look up "VF Sports Armour" ... I think it was a stick-on protector for the bottom of the front bumper, if that's what it is.

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Nah it's got a couple of insert clips on the sides and a bunch of rubber clips all the way along the front bumper.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I think it's a rub strip, it's on most VF's.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
As Imoengnr says, it is a rub strip to protect the underside of the front valance when parking too close to a concrete wheel stop in a parking spot. Many of these wheel stop kerbs are higher than the underside of the valance, and can cause considerable damage if you just drive forwards until your front wheels hit the stop. I have learnt (from bitter experience) to always turn on the parking sensors when approaching one of these kerbs, and to stop immediately the beeps become a continuous tone.
I had the same problem as the OP with one side of the strip tearing away from its holding screw and dangling down. You can see the holding screw in the OP's first photo -- it's the outermost one, just in front of the tyre. If the fixing hole in the rubber is still intact (or nearly so), you can just undo the screw, put the rubber strip in place, and replace the screw. You might need a large washer on the screw to hold the rubber tightly.
P.S. From memory the screw is not a standard slot or Philips head, but a special star head needing a special screwdriver bit (which luckily I had). Thank you Holden (not).

Last edited:

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Thanks guys. I just rear ended someone so the rub strip is the least of my concerns. I'll probably need a new bumper, fenders grille etc.

Nice to know for next time I suppose

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I guess that is one way to replace it :(