Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel usage & suped up noise?

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
actually runs out of fuen on 62.4 (I think) and that's all you can feed into it. It used to be 75 hence why I ran out...I'd say the pickup has a gauze filter which has probably moved up somehow...

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
It is by design. It serves as an emergency, gives you an extra 15L to play with

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well if it died on 62.4 then the last 15 litres is a bit of a waste of space and weight

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
VKStevo said:
overtaking's fine, its just when u put ur foot to the floor 2 overtake that is uses up tonnes of fuel, the further u put your foot to the floor, the more fuel goes into the engine to create more power therefore the more fuel u use
Could'nt have said it better myself.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
VKStevo said:
well if it died on 62.4 then the last 15 litres is a bit of a waste of space and weight
well its either that or u cant get the last 15 litres in the tank, does it keep clicking off when u try 2 squeeze more in? a lot of cars do this and the only thing i no u can do about it is just keep trying 2 squeeze a little more in at a time and slowly but eventually it will fill up

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
when mine clicks i pull the nozzel out and pour slowling into the mouth bit and let it fall through the flap on its own and stop when it stops going down and just sit there....once mine clicks i generally fit about an extra 5-8L.
its slow and tedious but i prefer to have a real full tank

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
my suped up noise is actually my redback exhaust, sorry lol i posted this a while ago when i first got the car, i didnt know anything about it then :p

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'll share my tip about how I save fuel.

If you have a VT/VX with the single-window trip computer, set it to instant fuel consumption (hold down "Mode" and "Up" on the computer while you start the engine, then press "Mode" till you have some numbers and "L/h" next to it)

This works twofold for me,
1) Simply having big numbers flash before my eyes when I floor it helps me calm down and ease off a bit!

2) I often set myself a goal of 10L/100km, and trying to stick to that helps save a lot.

!!! Important !!! 10L/100 doesn't mean the display reads 10! For some reason Holden thought putting the display as litres per hour instead of per 100kms would be a good idea, but its easy to work it out; basically if you're doing 60kms, the window should say 6L/h, if you're doing 85kms it should say 8.5L/h etc etc.

!!! More important !!! You will rarely be able to achieve a goal of 10 whilst accelerating from lights, but if you accelerate modestly and try to cruise at <10 you should be able to do quite well. Also be mindful of other drivers, and if the situation requires, give it a bit more. Don't be one of those assholes who sits in the overtaking lane going at the same speed as a the left hand lanes!

I get 11.5-12.5L/100 like this, all city/suburban driving.

Obviously your results will depend a lot on you're car too. I know for example when I changed my O2 sensors I dropped about 2L/100! Its always worth keeping your car tuned up.

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
Something that I've learned also..

If you usually boot your car around and have changed to taking it more easy on the pedal...... and/or have changed from city to freeway driving..

resetting your ECU will give you a more true indication of your mileage as oppossed to averaging out your overall mileage..

simply disconnect the battery for an hour or so and reconnect..

ater a few days the fuel mileage will average out and drop based on you taking more easy on the gas and/or freeway driving.

stockvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
`96 VS S2 Esteem 97 Vt Acclaim s1
fuel economy

I travelled from Gold Coast to Gosford a month ago, 3 adults in the car, std Acclaim, Filled up at Gosford on the way back, and drove 980 kms home on one tank, trip comp told me I still had 60 k`s to empty. Used Cruise where I could :D