Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gave car a good belting now knocking when cold??

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Holy **** that's munted!!

6 or 8?

As WogBoyz said, V8 L98. It was in my previous car (SSV). It was diagnosed as engine slap (Piston Slap), not valvetrain related. Guess I just had bad luck overall...

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
No different to retards that think a turbo beats all V8s. Fact is my car isnt even heavily modified and Ive lost count of how many WRXs and skylines Ive beaten, on a track too with corners. Oh but he obviously couldnt drive you say, hence the invention of the ricer book of excuses. Another moronic way of thinking in regards to "oh its a commodore it cant turn corners". Get educated before making wild claims and making yourself out to be an idiot.

Moral of the story, only uneducated morons would say a wrx that youve never seen would "hand your ass to you" in a Commodore youve never seen. Its not even close to comparing a specific vehicle to another where you know all mods done.

Dude settle the F**K down.

You're having a bloody tantrum about a mythical wrx, sounding like you're worried people will think its faster then you! NOBODY GIVES A RATS!

Either help the bloke with with the knock/rattle/tap, or shut up.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Telling someone to settle the F**K down and telling them to shut up isnt going to fuel the fire. No, not at all. Ha ha ha. Good one.
Who are you to tell anybody what to do? Your post wasnt helpfull, your not helping the bloke, how about you settle the f**k down and shut up?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Once again, why not take it to a mechanic, and get him to listen to it. Quite simple I thought.

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
why oh why do I bother to keep reading this crap

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
The same reason we all do. Hoping that someone makes a sensible comment. Just takes awhile sometimes.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Here is a video of what mine use to sound like... (same sound suffered over 3 engines)

This is the OEM engine

20102009(001) - YouTube

This was the second new engine after 10,000klm

28042010 - YouTube

The 3rd engine was the same till they installed an L77, but because they bastardised it, it had constant lifter tick.....

Good luck with it...

Is this noise good or bad? aha.
My Buick 6 has the simular sound on startup.. only in the cold mornings though?