Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

General issues/advice for 2007 VE Calais V

Bromz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais V
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm just looking to get some advice/ costs of repairs/ease of doing myself.

I have owned said Calais for 3 months, and have extensive service history with receipts every 5-10k kms.

I have plugged in code reader and pulled following codes:

1. P0500- Speed Sensor A
2. P0521- Engine oil pressure sensor/switch range/performance.
3. Engine oil pressure sensor/switch low.

Further to this I have the ABS light on, and the check engine light (common with VEs I know), and contact dealer (X service, if it's a service it was only done 3000kms ago. I have tried to clear the service reminder, but it hasn't worked as it says to contact dealer).

I also have rattles around the suspension when going on bumpy roads, just wondering if that will be the bushes?

Also don't know if it will be a fuel sensor issue, but my distance to empty is well off. As 1/4 of a tank is 20kms.

Any help would be appreciated. Any rough prices to repair by myself( if easy enough) or even rough mechanic prices.

Thanks guys.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
First stop is having a charge circuit test, a battery health test and a battery load test done. This can rule out a very simple cause of all manner of electrical gremlins.