Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 Holden VE SV6 LY7 poor idling

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
No i havnt checked tge oil pressure, Its only on start up, when warms up the rpm wont fluctuate. But the law mawer sound is present when i accelerate.
Never mess around with oil pressure, always check actual pressure before replacing the sensor. Not to be rude, but all the other stuff you have posted about with exhaust, o2s, inlet etc should of been left alone until you looked at the cause of the oil pressure code.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Never mess around with oil pressure, always check actual pressure before replacing the sensor. Not to be rude, but all the other stuff you have posted about with exhaust, o2s, inlet etc should of been left alone until you looked at the cause of the oil pressure code.
Rookies always stuff up unfortunately. Hopefully it wont be something serious

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Rookies always stuff up unfortunately. Hopefully it wont be something serious
Yeah hopefully not, id be looking at oil pressure,if your pressure is ok replace the sensor, then check timing related stuff, they can do some really funny things when the vct gears or oil control valves for the gears go, but it is more likely a failed chain than those 2. All of the above I have seen fail without fault codes for them also

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Yeah hopefully not, id be looking at oil pressure,if your pressure is ok replace the sensor, then check timing related stuff, they can do some really funny things when the vct gears or oil control valves for the gears go, but it is more likely a failed chain than those 2. All of the above I have seen fail without fault codes for them also
You could be right! When i did the ecu and bcm reprogramming i read something timing chains diagnostic change etc... i will attach a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 31

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
You could be right! When i did the ecu and bcm reprogramming i read something timing chains diagnostic change etc... i will attach a photo.
Thats just an updated calibration, allows a bit more tolerance in the chain wear before it triggers a fault.
You have access to TLC tho so your way ahead of a lot of people. Are you using tech2win for diagnostics?

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Thats just an updated calibration, allows a bit more tolerance in the chain wear before it triggers a fault.
You have access to TLC tho so your way ahead of a lot of people. Are you using tech2win for diagnostics?
No, For diagnostics I use my trusted Autel MS906BT.
I Use tech 2 and MDI 2 for programming only.

Is there any way i can find for sure its the timing chains? I would rather to be timing chains so i can get over done with.

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
No, For diagnostics I use my trusted Autel MS906BT.
I Use tech 2 and MDI 2 for programming only.

Is there any way i can find for sure its the timing chains? I would rather to be timing chains so i can get over done with.
Hahaha no beginner I know has an MDI 2

In regards to checking the chains we circle back to checking the oil pressure, the 3 chains all use an oil fed tensioner, if you have low oil pressure the chains will not tension properly, will make noise and can be damaged

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Hahaha no beginner I know has an MDI 2

In regards to checking the chains we circle back to checking the oil pressure, the 3 chains all use an oil fed tensioner, if you have low oil pressure the chains will not tension properly, will make noise and can be damaged
Timing chains are quite as, infact quiter than my other vehicle ( which i just have replaced the timing chains for ) What buzzeling me is why the car sounds like a lawn mower and cold it feels like its going to lose power but when warms up it sattles? And when i accelerate it feels weak? The reason i removed the plenum i thought there is a vacuum leak somewhere.

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Timing chains are quite as, infact quiter than my other vehicle ( which i just have replaced the timing chains for ) What buzzeling me is why the car sounds like a lawn mower and cold it feels like its going to lose power but when warms up it sattles? And when i accelerate it feels weak? The reason i removed the plenum i thought there is a vacuum leak somewhere.
Can still be stretched and out of time without a rattle.

Have you checked the misfire counter in live data on the autel to see if any specific cylinders are dropping out?

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Can still be stretched and out of time without a rattle.

Have you checked the misfire counter in live data on the autel to see if any specific cylinders are dropping out?
I did check no misfire at all in any of the cylinders. Youve got me thinking now I think i should just do the chains, ive got few kits sitting around.