Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Go Back To Where you Came From' TV program

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
How are the mining companies being greedy in this issue? I'd love to hear and explanation of this.

Yep, my grandparents came from Europe with nothing and built a mini empire for themselves through hard work and smart decisions.

I doubt its about the unions viewing them as scab labor. Its about the lack of control unions had over them in the first place. Truth is a lot of the migrants did the jobs that nobody else wanted to do and built themself up from there. One of my grandfathers went straight to work on the Snowy Mountains scheme and then set up his own little prosperous panel beating workshop. The other grandfather, a qualified mining engineer, mine manager and fluent english speaker from Germany couldn't even get a mining engineers job here despite his German degree qualifications being far superior than the primitive Australian mining engineering education available here at the time. His first job was carting gravel in an open pit in Mt Isa. He went back to uni here at his own cost, obtained 3 additional engineering degrees (civil, mining, and mechanical) and set up his own consultancy. He was earning $800 a day back in the early 80's as a consultant.

If unions have a problem with this sort of enterprising, then thats their problem.

My family are not italian,Greek
All my uncles and my dad are tradies they all have there own workshops. We are fiji-indians. I know a lot of asian and other nasho who have come here that have worked hard.
So its not that bad. Infact i think the asian are one of the most hard working people here in Oz

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think its a great program. It will let the western world see how lucky they realy are. They should be greatfull for what they have. I feel for all the children they dont have the same luxuries as we do. No heater, no food, no video games,
Is great to see the school kid wanting to learn on the show something we luck over here in Oz.

I've jsut noticed something in with your posts. Whenever you post in topics like this you refer to the "Western World" as "they".

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but you live and work in Australia correct? So you are part of the "Western World". So shouldn't you be saying "let the western world see how luck WE are?"

Just an observation.

I am curious why you tend to remove yourself from assosication with "the Western World" that you yourself are a part of.

I for one am well aware how luck I and WE are living here. Australia is a luck country with plenty of opportunities available for those who want them. But I don't think that anyone DESERVES to be her per say.

So when I see this, while I sympathise with those who do have a hard life I don't think that this qualifies them to DESERVE what Australia has to offer. Therefore why I strongly dislike those who come here illegally on boats as they are displaying a mentality of self entitlement AND a disregard for international laws.

Greeks and Italian had just as much trouble assimilating as the asians that came after them. Oh, and also the Arabs and Africans. It wasn't until the second generation that they started to do this. Another stupid immigration bashing thread really. :hmmm:

It is a stupid mindless TV program for entertainment purposes. If you really think what you see on TV represents reality then yes you are gullible.

Well said, summarises this quite accurately.

This article is a good read also:
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...strictly-for-the-gullible-20110622-1gfav.html

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Comparing the immigration of the 1940's and 50's to today's situation should take into account the differing Australian political policies and worldwide demographics which existed back then. Millions of people were displaced by the war and this country had a policy of "Populate or Perish". Immigrants from European countries were actively encouraged by the Australian Government to resettle in Australia and they brought with them skills which were in short supply here.

It's true that initially, many of them were disliked in similar ways to the Middle Eastern and Asian immigrants of today, but they managed to assimilate well over the ensuing years and are now accepted as a vital and elementary part of our society.

The Middle Eastern community, however, seems different. The original migrants from that part of the world seem to have made the effort to assimilate and co-operate with society as we expect. It seems to be the second or third generation element of that community that is causing the trouble. "Middle Eastern" youth seems to have a profound hatred for Western democracy. Listen to and watch these youths on television or the radio. They are generally in their teens or twenties and are the most outspoken, arrogant and violent of their ilk. Many of them are Australian by birth, but to listen to them you would never guess it. Their language, tone of voice, even their pronunciation, has a strong accent - there is nothing "Australian" about their speech at all. They don't seem to want to assimilate into our society as their parents have done - they seem to want to carry on with the violence that their parents migrated from. Their attitude towards Australian women is deplorable (think Bilal Skaf and his gang).

To me, the Middle Eastern migrants are not as much of a problem as their progeny who were born here.

Last edited:

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Greeks and Italian had just as much trouble assimilating as the asians that came after them. Oh, and also the Arabs and Africans. It wasn't until the second generation that they started to do this. Another stupid immigration bashing thread really. :hmmm:

It is a stupid mindless TV program for entertainment purposes. If you really think what you see on TV represents reality then yes you are gullible.

Immigration bashing thread? I haven't bashed anyone, except a program that is a load of propaganda aimed at lying to the populus of Australia that are gullible by trying to gain their empathy, and justify the thoughts of these pro-immigration groups. I can’t control the comments of others if they go ahead and start bashing the entirety of immigrants, but:

I highlighted the FACT that SOME immigrants who come to this country do not appreciate it (see minux's thread and links) and take advantage of it. It also comes down to demographics, if you haven't experienced or lived near these people, it's difficult for you fully comprehend how much they are making a fool of the Australian way of life and intentionally destroying it to recreate their beliefs and homeland from which they or relatives tried to escape.

But, as usual if someone who is pro-Australian speaks up and stands up for the rights and beliefs of Australian culture and wants fairness through assimilation – I’m racist or an immigrant basher.

I’m highlighting this injustice, because if someone produced a show of this calibre on the other end of the spectrum, it wouldn’t even pass SBS’ mailing room or another network for that matter. It would be labelled as racist and an inaccurate representation of immigrants.

millions were. do you assume you wouldn't have been, without the benefit of being educated of their evil in a modern world?

the immigration issue is a complex one with no absolute right or wrong solution, but demonising boat people is lazy thinking. a lot of them have real reasons for wanting to escape their country of origin, reasons that would likely appeal to you and i if we were in the same situation. the fact we were born in australia does not make us better people than them.

Of course, that was the point of the example I'm making.

I’m not saying it does make us better, but they’re the ones seeking asylum, not us. There is a right way, and a wrong way of doing it.

Comparing the immigration of the 1940's and 50's to today's situation should take into account the differing Australian political policies and worldwide demographics which existed back then. Millions of people were displaced by the war and this country had a policy of "Populate or Perish". Immigrants from European countries were actively encouraged by the Australian Government to resettle in Australia and they brought with them skills which were in short supply here.

It's true that initially, many of them were disliked in similar ways to the Middle Eastern and Asian immigrants of today, but they managed to assimilate well over the ensuing years and are now accepted as a vital and elemental part of our society.

The Middle Eastern community, however, seems different. The original migrants from that part of the world seem to have made the effort to assimilate and co-operate with society as we expect. It seems to be the second or third generation element of that community that is causing the trouble. "Middle Eastern" youth seems to have a profound hatred for Western democracy. Listen to and watch these youths on television or the radio. They are generally in their teens or twenties and are the most outspoken, arrogant and violent of their ilk. Many of them are Australian by birth, but to listen to them you would never guess it. Their language, tone of voice, even their pronunciation, has a strong accent - there is nothing "Australian" about their speech at all. They don't seem to want to assimilate into our society as their parents have done - they seem to want to carry on with the violence that their parents migrated from. Their attitude towards Australian women is deplorable (think Bilal Skaf and his gang).

To me, the Middle Eastern migrants are not as much of a problem as their progeny who were born here.

100% agree.

Last edited:

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Did you know if i cut a asian,arab,europeon,Australian they all bleed.
How intresting.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Why are you cutting people for? That isn't very nice.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
At my work, there's been a massive influx of foreigners joining our staff, and apparently it's because of something to do with the government paying a percentage of their wages so my work only has to pay e.g. 33% of their fortnightly wage instead of the full 100% (Where the G'vt pays the other remaining %) & alot of them are married to people but don't live or contact them, only way they are remotely aware of eachother is because on some page tucked away under junk, is a marriage certificate stating they are married.

The ratio of aussies (Meaning legit citizens) to foreigners (meaning people who are doing the whole suss thing) is like 50 to 150

Same thing happens at my work with the whole cheap worker scheme, They come here and get married to bypass certain laws and are dodgier than a car salesmen. It's beyond a joke that you can come to Australia and be helped out more by the government than what a standard Australian gets, hence why they keep on rolling in (I'm talking about the people applying for jobs and actually trying etc).

But to be quite honest it's only the bad ones that fu%$ it up for everyone, no different to any other races, you always get the bad eggs.