Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a question about my O2 sensors

Wilz78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s L67
How ya going mate. Just wondering if you found what the problem was. Had the same issue with the brother in law ve. Cleaned the o2 sensor and it was still not feeling 100%. After going over the car and running dashboard and Torque apps throwing the o2 sensor 1 bank 1 code. Then I noticed that the vacuum was not smooth and sealed all the vacuum lines to adapter ends. No not adapter to metal. But the lines. Solved issues it had. It might not help you out but might help someone else.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
I have a VE Calais 07
Where are the 02 sensors located? I am told if I disconnect them the car will go into limp mode it will run but I can find out if the sensors are sending information back to the ECU that reduce my fuel to the engine. My auto sparky told me my number one fuel injector on bank 2 was wide open flooding the engine I changed them today but did not resolve the issue.We don't know if the 02 sensor is the problem or the ECU is the trouble?

There are 2 upstream of the catalytic converters -one on each side. These are visible from the engine bay near the exhaust manifold.

These two control the air / fuel ratio so I would focus on them and on a live data scan, these should be constantly flipping between rich and lean (high v and low v). You can also remove a vacuum line and see how the 02 sensors react during live scan

There are another 2 down stream of the catalytic converters. These monitor the effectiveness of the catalytic converters. On that note though these should also be checked during live data scan and should remain steady high voltage. They should not flip between high and low voltage .

Some other points,
1) has the whole exhaust system including catalytic converters been checked for bends or unwanted restrictions like some damage

2) on my LLT engine there is a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. If your car has one, has this been checked?

3) The fuel pump unit has a fuel pressure regulator.. has this been checked / replaced at the same time as the fuel pump?

4) how's the carbon in the car? Quick check by opening the oil cap and having a look at the cam for carbon. Can be properly checked with an inspection camera by removing the spark plugs

5) has a cylinder compression / leak down test been completed?

6) has the MAF sensor been checked?